locked out of phone
Marcy3468

I took my keyboard off I downloaded another one and the other one wasn't downloaded so it made my phone go Wacko and went to a braille and now I literally can't get in it at all I am on my tablet right now trying to do that is it possible

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: locked out of phone
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

If you have your tablet available, or a computer, try going to the Google Play website at play.google.com

You have to use the browser on a tablet, NOT the Play Store app on a tablet. Make sure you are signed into the same Google account on the Play website that you use on your phone. Find a keyboard (like Gboard, etc.) and then when you click Install you will see a menu appear with choices to select compatible devices > select your phone and then install a keyboard. Hopefully that will allow you to get back in.

For future reference you can have multiple keyboards installed at once, you don't have to uninstall the default keyboard to use a different one. If you have multiple keyboard apps you just pick the one you want to use in Settings. You can switch back & forth that way. 

View solution in original post

Re: locked out of phone
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

If you have your tablet available, or a computer, try going to the Google Play website at play.google.com

You have to use the browser on a tablet, NOT the Play Store app on a tablet. Make sure you are signed into the same Google account on the Play website that you use on your phone. Find a keyboard (like Gboard, etc.) and then when you click Install you will see a menu appear with choices to select compatible devices > select your phone and then install a keyboard. Hopefully that will allow you to get back in.

For future reference you can have multiple keyboards installed at once, you don't have to uninstall the default keyboard to use a different one. If you have multiple keyboard apps you just pick the one you want to use in Settings. You can switch back & forth that way.