Re: message app icon not showing # of new text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate all that you have done Sorceress9. Have you been able to contact the developer yet with the information that was provided to you?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pmat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also had this very problem.  Interestingly, just today as I was looking through my widgets, I spotted the Message+ widget and I dragged it to my home screen..  I left the original app icon in the bottom "status" bar.  The next message I received, the app icon showed that there was a message received.  But when I removed the existing app icon on the bottom status bar, I could not get the Message+ icon that I brought over from my widgets, into the same space!  The app icon pops out of that space not allowing me to place it where the original one was. But it will show number of messages. 

I have to assume this is also a developer issue!

kdog3ss
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's strange. I just did the same thing. Drug the widget to the home screen, not to the status bar at the bottom. The widget shows the counter in the top left of the app now, but when I try to drag it to the status bar, it bounces back to the home screen.

0 Likes
REGCEC61
Enthusiast - Level 3

when i initiate the actual message+ widget (not short cut), the app wont

even open

kdog3ss
Enthusiast - Level 2

REGCEC61, did you drag the widget to your home screen? After I did, I went back to look at the widgets again and it now shows 'Messenger+. 1+1

0 Likes
REGCEC61
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went to the widget screen and added it to the home screen from there. App

would not open at all. Moved the short cut from the lower bottom row onto

the screen also, and no notifications showed either. Shouldn't have to go

through all this to get the app to work properly. Verizon need to fix the

app

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 10:59 AM, kdog3ss <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pmat, updates are all about compatibility. What happens when you attempt to move the second app off of your main screen then try to move the app into the tray? What other tricks have you tried?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
REGCEC61
Enthusiast - Level 3

compatibility? We are all using Verizon phones with a verizon stock app.

Compatibility is the last thing we should need to worry about, especially

with the Moto Z droid force, as it is exclusive to Verizon. Just fix the

app already please

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 1:39 PM, vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

posies, your feedback is a gift. Describe what is happening. What tricks have you tried?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
posies
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried moving the message+ app to my homescreen and still didn't work. Tried moving it from the menu, still didn't work. Finally did what you did and moved it from widgets to my homescreen and look and behold, my messages show! But ONLY on the widget that I moved FROM the widget menu. And, of course, it won't allow me to move it to the bottom bar.

Now that all of you have done their work for them, since they now know what DOES work, perhaps they can actually send us a fix so that we have an actual working app, located where it belongs!