mobile hotspot does not connect + motorola z force
karenAS

My toshiba laptop with windows 10 does not recognize the mobile hotspot from my phone.  I have been through all troubleshooting steps.  Any idea what to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: mobile hotspot does not connect + motorola z force
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know which frequency the phone's mobile hotspot is broadcasting on? The computer might only be able to use the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi signal and not 5 GHz.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: mobile hotspot does not connect + motorola z force
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the effort you’ve already put into troubleshooting, karenAS. I’m sure we can find out what's causing all this trouble with your phone’s Mobile Hotspot connecting to your laptop. While you have the Mobile Hotspot turned on with the steps from https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205230/ , are any other Wi-Fi capable devices able to see the connection? Is your laptop able to see other Wi-Fi connections? Are you able to browse the internet successfully directly from your Z Force?

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes