moto e4 touchscreen
cyalexa

I chose the board I thought matched best. I have a moto e4. My touchscreen is not responsive, especially in one area. The hardware test status report was: There might be a problem. Contact us to learn how it can be fixed. I came here hoping to do that. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: moto e4 touchscreen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a properly functioning touchscreen is imperative, Cyalexa. We're here to help! What happens when you turn the phone off and on after ~45 seconds? Does the device show any indication of physical or liquid damage when using the steps here:  http://spr.ly/6607KMLNH

-Kia

0 Likes
cyalexa

Thank you for your reply.

I took off the back - the moisture indicator is white. I  removed the glass screen protector and performed a forced restart yesterday.

The icons at the top of the screen are ghost-like while I am on the home screen but appear if I open an app. The area at the top of the screen has what looks like an upside down, mostly transparent bar chart with the bars just just covering the icon area. The bars are about 0.5 cm wide. I tried to capture this in a screen shot but it does not show up.

The area where the touch screen is not working is primarily in the lower right corner and along the right edge. I have to rotate my phone to landscape to use the send text button.

I like this phone and hope I don't have to replace it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cyalexa, we definitely want your device working as it should be. Please meet us in a Private Note, so we can troubleshoot your device at your earliest convenience. *Bee

0 Likes
cyalexa

Thanks, during what hours is help available?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are available 24/7 to help, cyalexa. We have also sent you an initial private note so we can work more directly with you.-George

0 Likes