moto z3 shut off, stuck in start up loop, wont turn on
tmg215

My phone died last night. I put it on the charger and it charged all night (I had the lightening symbol) I tried to start the phone and it goes in the start up mode but doesn't actually turn on, it just recycles the start up. I have tried holding the volume down button + power button and did start. Everything I have tried ends in the same reboot cycle. Is there any way to save my stuff before I do a factory reset or is there any other way to fix this phone. I'm pretty disappointed with this phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: moto z3 shut off, stuck in start up loop, wont turn on
oalima

I have the Moto Z4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having a working phone to use during this time. Let's try rebooting the device again to make sure this was completed properly. To reboot the device, press and hold the Volume down + Power keys for 10 - 20 seconds. Share your results once this has been completed on your end. JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Frog1dog

I did the above and it still stuck in the loop any other options?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are terribly sorry to hear your phone is stuck in a boot loop, Frog1dog. It is good that you tried the restart suggested above, and it's concerning to hear that did not work. When did it start happening to you? What was happening on the phone prior to the boot loop starting? What, if anything, does the phone allow you to do at this time (power off/on, etc.)?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
iffyrez

I have same problem.  When I volume down + power I get a strange android guy laying down with his front hatch open and a bunch of info, serial number, etc.  If I hit the power button again the blue powered by android screen flashes, goes black and flashes again.

0 Likes