sound Boost wouldn't charge on the phone
TSALAGI1948
Enthusiast - Level 2

With the way Verizon Customer Poor Service DOESEN'T support their hardware and soreness so much time disavowing responsibility, it appears to me they are making a valiant and real effort to run customers to other carriers. I have a Motorola Z2 with the JBL Sound Boost stereo speakers. That is the first speaker I've ever used that I can hear when on the road, even with it in my shirt pocket. But, as with all good things, there is a severe dark side. For the first 6 weeks I had it, the phone would charge it when the phone was being charged. Then suddenly, sound Boost wouldn't charge on the phone. I now have to charge it separately. Verizon says I have to go to Motorola, who told me to go to Harmon/Kardon-JBL. Ok! I went to them and they had the audacity to tell me to charge it separately, then sent me an email telling me too ship it to them and they would determine IF there is a problem. Thanks Verizon Customer no-service!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: sound Boost wouldn't charge on the phone
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon doesn't make the hardware, that is why you were directed to contact the manufacturer. That is who offers a warranty on the hardware, the company that manufactured it.

0 Likes
TSALAGI1948
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your reply is not logical. Verizon didn't make the Motorola phone that

Verizon REPLACED because of this issue. The Motorola phone and the "Moto

Mods" device were purchased at the same Verizon company store. NEITHER

DEVICE was made by Verizon.v Verizon REPLACED one. Why not both?

bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

My response was clearly logical. Manufacturer makes product, manufacturer offers warranty on product, manufacturer is responsible to uphold warranty on product.

I bought a new furnace from Home Depot, I have the ability to return it within their guidelines, but they do not have the responsibility to repair it if it is defective... and they won't honor returning it outside of their guidelines. I can return it within their return time frame if it is defective, but not outside of that time frame. I wouldn't logically expect them to return a defective furnace outside of their return policy just because they did it the first time within their return policy.

I apologize if all of this logic is confusing you.

I too have had a phone replaced from Verizon under warranty. I've also had them deny me a warranty replacement for a defective device. Now, I don't work for Verizon so I don't know the details of their agreements, but I'll tell you what happened with my denied device warranty. The manufacturer explained to me that there is an agreement in place with Verizon to allow them to quickly warranty MOST defective devices themselves to help with customer experience. In this case it was Motorola that I was speaking with, and the device in question was a tablet. Motorola did not allow Verizon to replace my specific tablet under warranty, for whatever reason (the representative didn't have those details).  Motorola's process requires you to send them said device then wait for them to fix it, which takes several weeks. It makes sense that if Verizon is able to, they would want to ensure you have your phone for use on their network and not have to wait several weeks to get your phone fixed. I would imagine that this agreement would only be extended to cellular devices, thus my previous reply.

The "I bought it here, so you must warranty it" argument is illogical. I buy all sorts of things, as I'm sure you do, that cannot be replaced under warranty by the store that I bought it from. In fact, all of the things that I buy state their warranty and process very clearly in the documentation that comes with the product. Does your Moto Mod documentation say "call Verizon Wireless for warranty service"?

0 Likes
TSALAGI1948
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see that the original thread appears to have been removed. If it wasn't,

I can't seem to find it anymore.

I can't say your reply wasn't expected. The lack of regulation of the

cellular industry in this country is appalling. The customer service is

worse.

You need not worry. All I'll tell my ham radio friends are the facts as

I've observed them. If you try to quote FCC part 97 and tell me that my

exposee violates FCC Rules, I'll tell you that I will make no picuniary

advantage by so doing and therefore will not be in violation of those

rules. Don't bother replying. I'll just delete any response unread.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Deleting an email notification of a post on the VZW community forum will not delete the post from the forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes