usb accessory not working on moto z force droid
elizsearle

Hi, two other people in my family have the exact same phone, and they are able to use the USB C port to power an accessory, but mine does not work.  Is there a setting I need to change?  I cannot find host mode or accessory mode on this phone in settings.  Frustrating, although the accessory is not urgent, I don't understand what's different with my phone and no settings appear to be different. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: usb accessory not working on moto z force droid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

elizsearle, we always want your devices working properly. You should not be seeing such a difference in the USB to other devices that are the same make & model. Are you receiving any specific error messages? May I ask what the USB Accessory is that you are trying to use?

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
elizsearle

It is a USB powered fan, and there is no software - just simple plug and

play. Also works on my tablet. I'm actually at the Verizon store in Concord

right now and someone is trying to figure it out but so far unsuccessfully.

Any ideas?

On Aug 3, 2017 17:44, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would wonder the same thing if this were happening to me, elizsearle. I did a little more digging and found some helpful information. I can see it's been a bit since you were in the store, too. In case the mystery is not yet solved, here's how to access a menu to change the USB mode. The link refers to moving pictures, but the steps are the same. These steps need to be taken while the USB fan is plugged into the device: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205235/

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes