wifi disconnecting
FASTCORVETTE
Enthusiast - Level 1

On the moto z force,  just out of no where WIFI started to disconnect. All other devices WIFI works fine. After all options to fix have been tried, I backed up everything and executed a factory reset. that has worked and WIFI is holding it's place.

Labels (1)
Re: wifi disconnecting
PETBIS4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found out the Google security patch implemenet 12/1/2017, removed ability to connect WiFi thru (WEP) capability.  Very irritating, as my router is 13 years old.   Even factory re-set couldn't fix it, through Tech Support.   Amazing to me that such "patchs" can render our phone unusable. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Time for a new router. Although I am fairly certain that my old router that would be about that age supported wpa2 security.

WEP is the least secure of the wifi connection types.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

ROBMAZ46
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is the solution that worked for me. Moto Z Force. Its a Verizon Security & Privacy issue. For some reason your Wi-Fi network gets added to the blocked list. Go to your phones Sec & Priv app then Wi-Fi Security in settings and select Manage Wi-Fi Settings. Check the list  of blocked networks, in my case my home network was on the blocked list, so just select it and deleted it from the blocked list. No restart required and problem solved

0 Likes
PETBIS4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Moto Z Play Droid - did not have that option.  Only to "forget" networks, and then to re-establish.  New router should fix my problem.  Just wanted others to see the issue, in case their data starts to go thru the roof.

0 Likes