z2 Force: Screen goes black & phone unresponsive on incoming calls
darren17

z2 Force: Screen goes black & phone unresponsive on incoming calls. This is an intermittent problem.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: z2 Force: Screen goes black & phone unresponsive on incoming calls
darren17

This problem.. it's happens at least 2-3 times a day, it's on both incoming and outgoing calls, but mostly on incoming.. phone will ring, briefly displaying the normal incoming call screen "number/pic/swipe up to answer" as soon as I pick up the phone the entire screen goes black except the notification bar at top, "time, battery, signal, phone icon, and any other notifications that haven't been cleared, i.e. txt, email, various apps".. nothing I do will change this screen display, fingerprint reader, power button (both pressed and held down), volume buttons, changing phone ordination, plugging/unplugging power, putting it up to my ear (which I think is most likely the root of the problem, the phone somehow locks into thinking it's against my face so it turns the screen off).. nothing changes the screen until the call is "missed", then they screen pops up like normal and I'm allowed to call the person back..

0 Likes
Mfrederick98

My Moto z2 force does the same thing...other than this software glitch the phone is amazing.  It needs to be fixed.  Once it goes black...no call can be answered or hung up.  It does come back within 30 seconds after the incoming call is gone.  Or when the previous caller hangs up.  Verizon or Lenovo need to fix it asap.

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

We certainly want to make sure you can easily answer your calls as they come in. Did this start after installing anew app or update? For incoming calls, we have identified a feature called Show Silently may be the culprit and can be adjusted via Settings > Notifications> select Phone app > turn off Show Silently.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Mfrederick98

Since I have Oreo 8.0.0, I don't see that option in settings.  How do I access show silently option.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mfrederick98,

What specific setting within the steps are you not seeing? Even with the Oreo update, you should still have access to the Application manager and Notification menu.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JENLEI14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm getting this too, after finally doing the Oreo update. It's pretty much only when my bluetooth is on, which is very often.

I'm not showing any "show silently" on my phone, just Settings>Apps & Notifications>Notifications>Phone> and all options are On (Notification Dot, Default, Incoming calls, Missed Calls, Ongoing Calls).

Settings>Apps & Notifications>App Info>Phone>Advanced>Display Over Other Apps was set to No, so I set to Yes. I guess we'll see if that works.

This update has been a pain to deal with. If anything, things are slower and more clunky, and I've had to drop a few regularly used apps because they won't work anymore.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JENLEI14, I'm sorry to hear that you've had such problems with this software update. Please let us know what results you have after you changed that setting. What was not working with your applications? What Bluetooth device are you using?

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JENLEI14
Enthusiast - Level 1

No change. Still stays black.

I have a sort of work around if I push the power button repeatedly and try to tap the home O that flashes when it's turning on and off, I can get the home screen to open, and then swipe down from the status bar and see who is calling and answer that way. However it's really annoying.

The Bluetooth is generally my car (Ford Sync), but it also connects to the Amazon Bluetooth adapter for our stereo at home, or my other vehicle (aftermarket Sony stereo), or the Bluetooth speaker at the farm (cheapie Amazon purchase). It really struggles to connect to the Sync in the car, and every other day I have to restart the phone to get it to pair up (easier for me than resyncing because generally I'm on the road as soon as I get in).

It seems to intermittently just do it as well, when it's not hitting Bluetooth.  Pretty much it always happens when it's paired, and sometimes when it's not. I'd say it functions correctly about 10% of the time.

Sorry for the delay, email notification were going to an old email since I rely on text notifications for most of my Verizon stuff.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the follow-up, JENLEI14. Operating system updates are meant to improve your phone experience and I'm sorry to see that you have experienced several challenges after installing the Oreo update. I'm confident that we'll be able to work together to find a resolution. Are there other Z2 Force users on your account who are also experiencing these issues post-Oreo update? In addition, can you verify the storage space available on your phone? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-213395/ After installing an update, it's important to verify that your phone still has sufficient free space to be able to operate as expected.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes