2nd gen Moto X freezing when unlocking from lock screen
JMitch77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had my 2nd gen Moto X for about a month now and it has started to lock the phone up when I go to unlock it from the lock screen. I put the phone in safe mode and the same issue occurred during that time as well. The phone works great otherwise. I tried shutting the phone down and turning it back on every morning and it still happens between 1-3 times a day.

Re: 2nd gen Moto X freezing when unlocking from lock screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JMitch77

I definitely want to make sure your new device is up and running & 100%! Freezing while unlocking the phone even in safe mode is definitely strange. Do you have a Face Unlock, Pattern, PIN, or Password set up to unlock at all? Does this continue with just Slide set up to unlock the phone? http://vz.to/ZX9UX9

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JMitch77
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is set up with just the slide to unlock it used from default.

aerosecret8727
Enthusiast - Level 1

My 2nd gen Moto X does the same thing. I unlock with a pattern. It froze in the middle of the night the other night so I was late for work as the alarm didn't go off.

JMitch77
Enthusiast - Level 2

2 times so far today it has happened and once each of the last 3 days. Starting to get really tired of having to hard reboot my phone. No suggestions at all about this problem?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow! Thanks for the details. Since you started experiencing the issue have there been any changes to the device? Software updates, application downloads, or damage to the device? If the issues are persisting in Safe Mode we may want to try resetting the device. Take a look here to see how http://vz.to/1xUaY9i.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MotoXChicago
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there, I have had my Moto X 2nd Gen for three weeks and my phone has been freezing up when trying to unlock it; the phone froze up twice today.  The first time it happened I plugged it into it's charger and it unfroze, the second time I was away from the charger and I could not get it to unfreeze, I was stuck with a black screen. Luckily a Verizon store was a block away and the  guy at the store held the power button and volume button down at the same time and then it finally came back to life.  I told him the phone was brand new and I was very concerned that this was already happening. He told me that it was not a hardware issue but was a software issue, claims that if there is a software update this may no longer happen. Not sure if that is the case or the right answer though...

cogerber
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same issue. I will slide the unlock button down and it will freeze. I will hit the power button and the screen will never come back on. I also have to hold the power button down to reboot. Very frustrating. I love the phone but this is a real deal breaker!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you are having the same issues with your phone cogerber. Hae you tried safe mode for your phone http://vz.to/1xUaY9i  . Keep us posted.

KInquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
JMitch77
Enthusiast - Level 2

cogerber hit it dead on with what these things are doing. Safe mode will make no difference in this happening or not.

The only other thing I can say is it didn't start to do this until maybe 4-7 days after I got the phone which I believe was within the week of it being released. I'm starting to wonder if one of the updates is what's causing it to happen. I'd like to find out for sure but I really don't want to factory reset the phone.

0 Likes