Re: 2nd gen Moto X freezing when unlocking from lock screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JMitch77,

I am truly sorry to hear you are still having issues. Given everything you have tried already a factory reset would be your next best step. Keep us posted on how the device works after the reset.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
aerosecret8727
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same issues, and they started about mid-October.  I have performed a factory reset, and it did not help at all. 

For the other people that have the Moto X 2nd gen, please make sure you set an alarm on another device.  This thing has caused me to be late to work, and that NEVER happened in the almost 3 years that I had my iPhone.

The freezing in the middle of the night so my alarm won't go off in the morning is going to be a deal breaker for me.

0 Likes
JMitch77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I performed a factory reset at noon today and the problem occurred once again at 3PM so factory resetting the phone is not the answer to this problem.

0 Likes
digidigi

I'm having this happen too - I returned the first phone because it did this, and got a replacement. I didn't have a security screen set up on the new one (which I've had about a week) until two days ago, and now it froze for the first time this morning.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

digidigi,

Yikes! We can't have this issue going on. Are you having the exact same issue where it will freeze once you try to unlock the device? Once the device is frozen are you able to press and hold the power button for approximately 5 seconds and then release (allow serveral seconds for the reboot process to complete)? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
digidigi

Yes, it is the same issue - freeze on trying to unlock. (It doesn't happen every time.) I do hold the power button down to reboot, which does work.

For now, I've taken off the PIN to see if it's still going to freeze, although of course, I do want to be able to have a security/locking feature.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

digidgi,

This is alarming. Let's get this straightened out. We encourage you to start your device in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1zwlmpj. This will advise us if it is an application causing this issue.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

JMitch77
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's probably going to do it in safe mode as well, regardless of using a pin to unlock or not. I have factory reset my phone twice trying to figure this issue out, first time doing a full restore and second time not restoring anything. With the full restore it froze 3 hours later. This second time it was fine for 2 days but I had to add a few things to the phone that I need (or else what's the point of using it) and it locked up on me this morning. The only thing you can do is hold the power button until it reboots.

EliEkstein
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.

Already got a replacement from motorola and the problem is happening again with my brand new phone!!!

I assume this is a genoral problem with the Moto X 2nd Gen.

Verizon Wireless Customer Support,

Please don't tell me to do safe mode and reset, i did it all already...

jessebt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same problem. Put my phone into safe-mode this morning and still had the issue a few minutes ago. I've also tried a factory reset, it didn't help anything.