Re: AOL eMail - Invalid credentials
kwoodva

Unfortunately the ICS update doesn't fix the Invalid Credentials problem...at least it didn't in my case. I have hotmail, yahoo, verizon and gmail accounts and the only one that now works is verizon, which is my default. All others show blank folders & when I try to refresh them the green message indicator flashes with no associated message in the status display. I've seen LOTS of traffic on this and the DROID forums. This issue popped up around 6/20 and doesn't appear to be limited to a particular smart phone or service. I was hoping for ICS to cure it, but...still waiting for answer.

I have a DROID Razr, recently replaced due to a malfunctioning speaker, so I'm not eager to factory reset (again) so soon.

Fingers crossed for a solution from Motorola/Google/Verizon, et al.

0 Likes
LRN2RIDE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kwoodva...Spot on...I have the identical situation...got ICS update 6/29...ICS did not cure my email malfunction that started a few weeks ago...none of my integrated emails work...I was able to open a new account for each and my AOL now works but the others do not...I also just got a replacement RAZR a couple of weeks ago due to a malfunctioning camera, and also dont want to do a restore again...It's inexcuseable for Verizon to not address this issue as it is obviously a sytem wide problem!!!

0 Likes
LRN2RIDE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dont know if anyone else is having this issue but when I am in 4G mode, full bars, blue color as soon as I need data transfer the 4G symbol goes white, lose bars, and not able to access any data. This happened before and after the ICS upgrade!!! This began happening the same time my email stopped working. I have the unlimited data plan...It almost feels like the throttling back that ATT was accused of!!!??? No email, occassionally no able to access data, all add up to me using less data!!!??? HMMMMMM!!!

bobby805
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problems and I to just got my replacement phone due to speaker and last thing I want to do is FR.

Rebecca4002
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having a similar problem, but with a Blackberry.  I cannot send emails to any AOL.COM accounts from my Blackberry.  I receive a "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" message and the reason for the problem is 5.3.0 - Other mail system problem 521 - '5.2.1:  (RLY:SN) htto://postmaqster.info.aol.com/errors/554rlysn.html

I talked to Verizon tech support for 90-mins and they said it's an AOL problem.  I talked to AOL for 45 mins and they say Verizon did not configure my IMAP and SMPP addresses correctly.  So frustrating!!!  Any experience with this problem?

5ivestar
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue.  Started about 3 weeks ago.  Invalid credentials; incorrect username or password; function cannot be completed at this time; cannot connect to the server!!!!  Shame on Verizon for not addressing this issue.

Thanks reckless0199 for the temporary fix!

Cliffsvz

Looks like I'm not alone with this problem.  Just realized my aol emails stopped populating in May 2021.  The old uninstall re-install only worked half way.  No access any longer.  And apparently no help from our service provider.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for any service issues you're having with your AOL email as it relates to similar problems shared by others on this subject, Cliffsvz. I realize how important it is to stay in contact using email and let me get more details and help with the specific issues you're having after trying the mentioned steps to get access to your AOL email.  What is the city and zip code of where your located where you're located? What is the make and model of your device?  Are you able to connect to other email apps and data apart from AOL? 
Please share more details about your specific issues and we will do our best to find a solution.

Thanks,
Edwin_W at VZWsupport

0 Likes