ATT update is now official?
rader023
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon what is your stance on being the worst major US carrier on releasing updates?  Do you care about your customers? Do you have a date when the MOTO X will be updated?

http://blogs.att.net/consumerblog/story/a7790910

>Subject line shortened<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
Re: ATT update is now official? Verizon what is your stance on being the worst major US carrier on releasing updates? Do you care about your customers? Do you have a date when the MOTO X will be updated?
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

It's absurd how Verizon handles updates, how much effort would it take to communicate with customers?

Awaiting the VZW CheerLeaders. 

0 Likes
Re: ATT update is now official? Verizon what is your stance on being the worst major US carrier on releasing updates? Do you care about your customers? Do you have a date when the MOTO X will be updated?
aaronoffie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know, it's ridiculous that we pay a premium to be on Verizon's network yet they can't give us updates on time. I always get the same " we test better" excuse but yet we get the same software AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint get. In addition, why is Verizon so fast to approving Apples updates as all iPhones get the same update at the same time. What is your excuse for that? This will be the last phone I have with Verizon... I love my X but why can't Verizon approve updates for Android devices as fast as Apples and other carriers. This is why I will be switching to AT&T and getting my updates weeks/months before Verizon "approves" them.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

>Comment deleted. Note to all, stay on topic<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

>Comment deleted. Note to all, stay on topic or this thread will be locked<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hanoverfiste wrote:

What would we do without your contributions to these threads?

Be bored? Seriously though. A quick glance through my unread discussions showed at least four discussions started on this particular topic just today with this "announcement". Next up are the complaint threads (on the AT&T forum and eventually here ) about how the update broke the phone for other customers. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: ATT update is now official? Verizon what is your stance on being the worst major US carrier on releasing updates?  Do you care about your customers? Do you have a date when the MOTO X will be updated?
aaronoffie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please.

There might be some bugs but the update has been out for a while on T-Mobile and Sprint so if any major issues were discovered, they would have been fixed when the soak test went out for all three other carriers. If Verizon prevents all these "bugs" then why does the iPhone get the update at the exact same time as other carriers with all kinds of bugs to be found. Seriously tired of hearing about the "extra testing" that Verizon does when in reality, the updates they put out have the same ones the other carriers do, just they arrive about a month, if not more later. I do appreciate the carrier tests the updates but it shouldn't take near as long as Verizon always does. Let me download my update, I don't care if VZ Navigator doesn't work with the software enhancement.

Re: ATT update is now official? Verizon what is your stance on being the worst major US carrier on releasing updates?  Do you care about your customers? Do you have a date when the MOTO X will be updated?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even with the soak tests, I will guarantee you that some customers will post on this community forum and others on other forums about how they didn't know an update was coming and how it ruined the phone. Just browse through the old discussions on the DROID Razrs, DROID X, Bionic, etc.

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

Obviously there's a reason this update was released, it addresses core issues. Your speculation on how effective this update might be is laughable.

First you try to discredit reports of its pending release on other carriers, now you're saying it might make thing worse.

Troll less

0 Likes
rader023
Contributor - Level 1

All my questions are in the title. Maybe someone will answer them. Probably not.

0 Likes