Aaaand my front camera is gone
Go2doug

A couple of weeks ago my phone downloaded an Android update, and since then only the rear-facing camera (i.e., the selfie camera) will work. There is no option to switch from the rear to the front-facing camera. I have had the phone for about a year and everything was working fine until the latest update.

Some details about the phone:

• Droid Maxx XT1080
  • Carrier: Verizon Wireless
  • Android: 4.4.4-4
  • System version: 24.13.3.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US

I tried going into Settings->All->Camera and clicking 'clear data' and 'clear cache' but that hasn't helped. I also tried downloading a separate Google Camera app, but it can only detect my rear camera as well.

I would appreciate any advice to enable my camera. Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Aaaand my front camera is gone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This sounds like the device is having a hiccup we need to fix. Is the camera app that you are using the stock app? Are all your apps up to date after the software update? Is everything else working correctly? We want to get your photos working again, and are here to help. Let us know, we would love to get you back to your photos ASAP.

CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Go2doug

Hello Cheri,

Is the camera app that you are using the stock app?

Yes, it's the stock app and I also tried installing Google Camera but it didn't enable my camera.

Are all your apps up to date after the software update?

Yes, they are.

Is everything else working correctly?

Other than the camera, all the other components of the phone are working fine. I tried restarting the device in Safe Mode and that did not result in my camera working, either. So now I'm stuck only with the selfie camera. The phone's main camera seems to have failed at the hardware level. What would  you recommend I do? Thanks.

0 Likes
Lynaescotting

I am having this same issue with my phone. Any ideas what I can do to fix it?

0 Likes