Re: Advance Calling 1.0
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Wow, a lot of misinformation in this thread.  Of course you have to be on 4G before this will work.  Verizon is using a fancy name (Advanced Calling 1.0) but this is better known as VOLTE (Voice Over LTE).  This definitely works as I tried it on my first call after the update and data works fine.  For the HD features to work you have to call someone else who has this same VOLTE turned on in their device (right now only the Turbo and I think only a couple of other devices have this, possibly one is the Moto X and another might be the S5).  However, the VOLTE works on every call as long as you are on 4G signal.  There is also a setting on the Verizon website I activated that might be the reason this still doesn't work for some even on a solid 4G signal.  Sign in to the VZW site, then go to My Verizon, then over on the left side of the screen click the "Change Features" link.  Make sure "Advanced Calling 1.0" is a selected feature. 

GqSkrub
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have activated advanced calling, restarted my device, ensured I'm on 4g, and still no data during calls.  Additionally, after some restarts, the advanced calling disappears.

0 Likes
Not applicable

GqSkrub wrote:

I have activated advanced calling, restarted my device, ensured I'm on 4g, and still no data during calls.  Additionally, after some restarts, the advanced calling disappears.

The other person also has to have Advanced Calling enabled and in a 4G area.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

No, the other person doesn't have to have advanced calling on for you to get data and a call at the same time.  If you have it on and are in a 4G area you will get data while on a call no matter who you call, even to landlines.  You just don't get the HD and 6 way calling features unless the other person has an advanced calling device and it is on.  Possibly your 4G signal where you are trying this is weak or intermittent and the device is not starting the call with the voice over LTE feature.  Also, have you gone to the VZW website and enabled advanced calling 1.0 as a feature for this device?

Not applicable

why are you replying to me. I'm not the one asking about it.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

0 Likes
ad1776
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fattubo, is your "advanced calling" set to "on" in the phone settings?  If this is set to on you can use data and voice at the same time, If it's set to off  I can't get the phone to use both either. 

0 Likes
GqSkrub
Enthusiast - Level 2
I "added" advanced calling 1.0.  Is this different than "enabling" on the website?
0 Likes