Advanced Calling on the Moto X 2014?
MissyAL
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Moto X 2014 was originally advertised as one of the first phones that would have VoLTE, yet months later, the capability is still lacking.  Several Verizon phones have received this update, but not this phone.  When will the update be sent out?

Re: Advanced Calling on the Moto X 2014?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to read that you share the same passion as we do for the latest and greatest in wireless technology MissyAL! While there isn't any official info available on Advanced Calling for the Moto X, a great way to stay in the know is to visit our news site weekly. Here's a link for your reading pleasure, http://bit.ly/n5snpq

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I know you really want this HD Calling, but I have to tell you, if you have heard anything about this feature you know its great when it works, but many of us, since Sept 2014, have dropped and missed calls, mms that stalls and other issues with the service of the network, not so much our phones.  Maybe it will all be worked out by the time you get the feature.

nyc1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is ridiculous.  When I bought my Moto X it was supposed to be the greatest phone ever and I was assured it was simply a matter of a software update and I would soon have simultaneous voice and data (like the phone I "upgraded" from already had). Now it's months later and incoming calls are still killing my data connection and we have no idea when this promised feature will be available.  Total false advertising.

GT61
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are we ever going to get advanced calling?

4ringsnbr
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's not correct.  When you've selected VoLTE (Advanced Calling), ALL your calls will be transported via LTE as long as you are in LTE coverage regardless of if you're calling another cell or land line phone.  This means you will have simultaneous voice and data.  The HD voice (enhanced AMR-WB 12 kbps vocoder) only happens when BOTH phones (caller and receiver support it), otherwise, the vocoder (codec) will be a lower quality one, but the call is still carried over LTE allowing for simultaneous voice and data.  This is why you'd drop the call if you moved out of LTE coverage while on a call with VoLTE (regardless of the recipient of that call).  Short answer:  VoLTE is always on whenever you are in LTE areas, but the HD voice portion (higher quality) requires the other party to ALSO be VoLTE.

I think Verizon / Motorola should have NEVER offered this phone for sale without VoLTE out of the box since it was designed without SVLTE hardware functionality that all other (previous) smartphones have.  I think it is COMPLETELY unacceptable that this phone has lived over 25% of its life (6 months) without this basic ability leaving it crippled whilst the droid turbo was immediately upgraded to VoLTE.  Honestly, I couldn't care less about Lollipop-- I want VoLTE-- it's a basic function of the phone for which it was designed!

GT61
Enthusiast - Level 2

When is Verizon going to give us a real response on advanced calling?  Is the 2nd gen. Moto X the only higher end smart phones that doesn't have this feature?  I'd be willing to bet that almost everyone who "upgraded" to this phone did so from a phone that was already capable of simultaneous voice and data; I know I did.  Even the iPhones now have it on Verizon.  I would really like my money back, but I doubt that, even with global warming, hell is going to freeze over any time soon.

4ringsnbr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, the 2nd gen Moto X and Sony Xperia Z3v are the ONLY non-iPhone smartphones that cannot do simultaneous call with data now.  The Droid Turbo and Nexus 6 were designed the same way, but they now both have VoLTE.  In fact, the firmware for the Nexus 6 with Android 5.1 and VoLTE that was released TWO MONTHS ago is almost exactly what the Moto X 2nd gen should have, if they'd ever spend any effort to port it over.  It is really insulting to Moto X users that the Droid Turbo had this design limitation remedied within a month of its release back in December.  The Moto X has been out for almost 8 months now in its crippled form.  There is no reason that Verizon and Motorola couldn't have either given Moto X users a modified Droid Turbo 4.4.4 software or Nexus 6 5.1 software by now.  This was my 2nd Motorola smartphone, but it will likely be my last.  Verizon should've never offered the phone for sale without the VoLTE feature working as this is required for normal use.  Even if you don't care to use data while talking or or on WiFi, since MMS messages now are carried on LTE, you have to hangup the call to get an MMS message!  It is ridiculous that this issue hasn't been fixed by now, nor is there any indication or confirmation that they are even working on solving this major problem!

dbsedrick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like its time to find another carrier...my contract is up next month so Verizon be on the lookout, poor response to simple questions is why customers get frustrated and leave...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
dbsedrick

We don’t want you to go, that would break our hearts. I am sorry to learn that you feel that your question was not answered. We are here to help. What question was asked that was not fully answered for you?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes