Re: Advanced Calling on the Moto X 2014?
BillyG57
Contributor - Level 1

I have been on the phone with Verizon vand Motorola at the same time with no clear answer. I was told that hopefully it would be on the next update it has been almost a year since the phone was released. I think the phone has a design flaw that won't allow the feature.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
dbb40
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, now that would just be outstanding.

If any of you folks are participating in the soak test and see something, would you post something here please?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

They are not allowed to respond as part of the terms agreed to when signing up for the Motorola Feedback Network.

dbb40
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sigh, whatever!

Please note that my frustration is pointed at Moto/VZ, not you. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
MissyAL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just an FYI for everyone on this post.  I ditched my Moto X, for the Nexus 6.  So glad I did, and I really do love the VoLTE calling.  When I call someone else that has it enabled, the call is so completely crystal clear.  My biggest frustration was that Verizon announced the 2nd gen Moto X has being one of the first phones that would be ready for VoLTE, and it looks like it still doesn't have it... big let down.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

AC is awesome, when it works.

0 Likes
dbb40
Enthusiast - Level 2

Latest update does not, of course, include VoLTE. Just a security update. Frustration continues to build. AT&T sending flyers with $500/line credits to cut over. Temptation growing.

0 Likes
Angry_geek
Enthusiast - Level 1

In October 2014, I purchased the 2014 version of the Moto X. I was promised advanced calling would be available. A year a later, it's still not available. Verizon refuses to let me upgrade without paying $200 for early upgrade. You guys sold me, and several million other customers, a bill of goods that you have failed to provide. After an hour and a half on the phone with various "customer service" reps, I was finally told by someone on your "leadership team" that advanced calling would never be coming to the Moto X 2014. I then asked her to make a public statement affirming that, only to hear her immediately begin backtracking stating there just wasn't a date set. You have blatantly robbed people of their money and are forcing them to keep paying for devices which don't work the way you told us they would. And you continue to blame Motorola for the problem. I read aloud Motorola's public statement announcing the feature in their May 2015 update to Android 5.1. At which time, you began again with the circular bs wanting me to pay you to get out from under a phone that doesn't do what you said it would do. This post is a courtesy letting you know I will be very noisy about this issue, not just on social media, but to every government authority which may be able to do anything. All you had to do was waive that stupid fee and let me upgrade to the Turbo 2 today.

BillyG57
Contributor - Level 1

I have been told by Verizon that I should buy a new phone if I really need this feature. But, I would still have to pay the monthly fee for this phone or pay it off and sell it. I might stay with Verizon after this but will never buy another Motorola phone.