Android 4 for the 4G Xoom?
rayray

Does anyone know when Verizon will update the 4G Xoom to ICS?

0 Likes
Re: Android 4 for the 4G Xoom?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should be updated someday. The update for the wifi only Xoom is occuring now. They might be in the final testing phase for all any of us customer would know.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rayray

I know someone who got the ICS update on their wifi only Xoom last night. My question to Verizon is WHEN can we expect the ICS update on our 4G Xoom.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's what I am saying. None of us customers know. I have not seen any rumors either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
runrider

From what I understand, there were a couple of problems with wifi and freezing with the wifi xoom ics. Hopefully we'll see those problems resolved then get ics fron the 4G xoom. I bet it's a few more weeks. I certainly appreciate the wifi xoomers for testing ics for us Smiley Happy

0 Likes
runrider

From what I understand, there were a couple of problems with wifi and freezing with the wifi xoom ics. Hopefully we'll see those problems resolved then get ics fron the 4G xoom. I bet it's a few more weeks. I certainly appreciate the wifi xoomers for testing ics for us Smiley Happy

0 Likes
runrider

0 Likes
rayray

That narrows it down to sometime after now...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Ok ready for some news?  I do not work for Verizon, Google, or Motorola, BUT this is IMPORTANT which is coming FROM Google and CAN be verified from Google.

Known:

Google has openly stated that manufacturers(Motorola, HTC, Samsung, etc.) should use 4.0.3 as source and NOT 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2.  That means Manufacturers have to WAIT for 4.0.3 source which Google HAS NOT released yet.  So that means NO manufacturer is currently working on ICS for ANY devices.

Rumor:

Now here's the real kicker.  It is unknown if the following information is true, but there is a leak for 4.0.4 for the Galaxy S. The code is out there, BUT Google hasn't acknowledge if the source is real. So could Google further delay the release of 4.0.3 and switch everyone to 4.0.4 as the starting point? Only time will tell.

0 Likes
Xantus

The answer is unknown at this point.

You can find out the schedule of Motorola software updates here: https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

That page was last updated Feb 15th 2012.

0 Likes