Anybody able to sync a nonExchange outlook account with native calendar on Android?
klm2

I have a Droid Turbo running 5.1.1.   The Outlook app won't accurately show calendar entries so I'm looking for a way to sync them with my phone perhaps using the native calendar.  I'm happy to download another calendar if needed.

The solutions I see require you hook your phone up to a computer and sync that way or to get a Google calendar as a go between.

This shouldn't be this hard!  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Anybody able to sync a nonExchange outlook account with native calendar on Android?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the calendar entries saved to your Outlook/Hotmail/Live account on the server? I know I have personally setup my personal Hotmail account as an Exchange account on my phone with the option to sync the calendar entries. I normally turn off the sync for the contacts and calendar on that account, but the last time I forgot to it seems to sync correctly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Anybody able to sync a nonExchange outlook account with native calendar on Android?
klm2

I'm not sure if my Live account is saved on the server but I'd guess it is as I can see emails and calendar entries from many different devices. When I try to create an account on my phone, EXCHANGE is not an option. When I say it is an OUTLOOK account, the trouble begins! I can see emails but not all my calendar entries. I've tried reinstalling and I get more and different calendar entries but never all of them.

So I figured out a solution. I opened a browser on my phone and went to www.outlook.com and selected calendar. What I really have is the web app look and feel including ALL my calendar entries. It isn't stored in my native calendar nor is it in my Outlook for Android app but since I can see the calendar and since the month view is way better than the agenda view in the outlook for android app, I'm happy!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I add my Hotmail or Live account to my Motorola phone, the phone automatically sets the email account up as an Exchange style account. This includes the option for push notifications and syncing the calendar and contacts. If you have the option for push notifications for new emails, it is setup as an Exchange account on the phone. I didn't have to select I wanted to set it up an exchange or POP3 or IMAP account. It did it by default as an Exchange style account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI I don't use the Outlook application, I am using the Mail/Email application.

0 Likes
klm2

Thanks for your input.

Sent from Outlook Mobile. Yes, it works with Gmail.

0 Likes