Re: Anyone having issues upgrading their Moto X to lollipop?
AGB2BPro
Enthusiast - Level 2

YES - Lollipop has been a nightmare. Finally got thing working but phone gets VERY hot and battery drains in about 2 hours, even when not used. VERY aggravated. Wish I could roll back the update!

0 Likes
dgoff

I use messenger. I did a factory reset so there's nothing in the cache, but

it didn't help.

On Sep 20, 2015 9:25 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
cldavis90
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem

0 Likes
AEAfish

I am. Since upgrading I have not been able to restart my phone correctly. Every time I restart it goes through the entire Android setup optimizing apps which results in an ~20 minute boot up time. I already tried a factory reset with no luck. Pretty annoying.

0 Likes
BuckeyeChris
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, clearing my cache did fully resolve the battery temperature and rapid drain issues.  Sunday morning, my phone was extremely warm from charging overnight.  Hoping to avoid a factory reset, I turned it off until it had cooled.  Then, I cleared the cache again, and connected my phone up the Software Repair Assistant (SRA).  Since running the SRA, my phone no longer overheats from charging, and the battery life is more normal.  To see how long the battery would last, I did not charge my phone last night.  When I awoke this morning, the battery level was a 52%.  A link to a PDF that explains how to download and use the SRA is as follows: 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/BPOD-H9888-SRA-moto-V10.pdf

0 Likes
mg12345

Yes.  I am having issues.  Working with Verizon to address them.  My issues are:  Battery life, the stock email app (accounts not syncing and cannot delete them),  asking to install Google Korean Input update (not sure why), and when I cycle power the phone restarts to optimize the apps.

On the phone with support now.

Mike

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Disable the Korean input application through the phone settings and also disable the notifications for that app

On my email, try clearing the data for the email application through the phone settings. After the application data is cleared, you can setup the email server settings again for your email addresses.

I would also suggest clearing the system cache through the recovery menu for the battery issue. I believe the steps have been posted previous in another discussion thread or earlier in this discussion thread.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BuckeyeChris
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using the Repair Assistant did not resolve my battery issues. Subsequently, I contacted Motorola support, and they recommended that conduct a factory reset.  Even though that process is a PITA (which took the better part of this past Sunday to reinstall and reset my apps), my battery issues have been resolved.  Your mileage may vary....

0 Likes