My husband has been having periodic issues with his new Droid RAZR phone. Specifically, he cannot hear the caller, although the caller can hear him. Last month we contacted Verizon Wireless online, and the tech tried a few things which seemed to work. However, the problem is occurring again, and he's getting extremely frustrated with his new phone! Has anyone else experienced any problems like this or could he just have a lemon?
I'm sorry your husband is having issues with this awesome phone Cakes75. Is the problem occuring when speaking to a certain contact? Did he try adjusting the volume? Does he have any sound applications downloaded to the phone? Is there any damage to the phone? How many times does it occur through out the day? Does it occur during certain times of the day? We can replace the phone with a certified like new phone of the same model if he continues to have issues.
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
I had this problem once on my RAZR maxx HD.
1. Settings->sounds-> tap "volumes"-> increase slider bar volumes for everything listed-> select ok!
2. go to home screen
3. push volume up button and look for volume slider bar graphic to appear on screen.
4. If NO slider bar appears, turn phone off and back on.
5. look to right of time display for sound icon-> change from SOUND OFF to SOUND ON
6. push volume up button and look for volume slider bar graphic to appear on screen, sound should now work.
7. lower sound completely to switch to vibrate, hold volume down to switch from vibrate to SOUND OFF.
I have a similar problem that started a week ago. Callers might hear me for 10 minutes or 1 minute, but mostly only after 1-2 minutes I can hear the caller but they can't hear me. I tried the suggestion below, also went to Verizon store and they did soft reset. Still problems. Happens whether I'm on speaker, bluetooth or phone. All times of day or night. Various areas 50-60 miles away from each other. Confirmed I'm up to date on system updates. Trying to avoid doing a hard reset. Thanks.
I want this resolved for you as well! If you are still experiencing this please backup the device and complete a factory reset here http://vz.to/18wzOCi Please test and share. Thank you.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport