Are questions about Moto X 2014 VoLTE Answered by a Robot?
droid99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love how all questions about when or if the Moto X 2014 is going to get VoLTE are answered in the same way.  Something along the lines of - We don't have any info...Please visit our website, etc. for updates.  All without really addressing the questions that are being asked, like  when is it going to happen?  Can Verizon not give us any updates on when or if it VoLTE will be implemented on the 2014 Moto X?  Of course they can but they stay silent, instead feeding us canned responses.  Are they afraid that if they tell their customers that it will not happen that we will leave?  Probably.  I've seen so many users on this community and on the G+ community express that they will leave Verizon because of the lack of simultaneous voice and data, which have been on smartphones much older that the Moto X. 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Are questions about Moto X 2014 VoLTE Answered by a Robot?
HBK3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Motorola did do their job.  VoLTE is included in the 5.1 update.  Verizon has to allow it to be enabled.

View solution in original post

Tidbits
Legend

If not they'll leave? Probably

Say they will and then Lenovo decides to can support and then everyone will blame Verizon under the assumption they are the ones that produce the update.

They give some type of timeline and if Lenovo doesn't hit that date people will be sue happy and waste time and resources for both companies to deal with.

Plenty of examples of this happening every year. It's better for carriers to give that canned response than say anything. People will switch carriers and get the same canned responses so it can't be a principle thing as all these people would never be on any carrier for that sole reason.

droid99
Enthusiast - Level 2

People likely wouldn't sue over a broken smartphone deadline.

I am not suggesting that customers would  leave because of canned responses.  They might leave because of the lack of simultaneous voice/data on their Moto X. 

Tidbits
Legend

Fact if the matter people actually do.  You can find examples dating 7 years back...

Moto Cliq (Motorola said it was a Sharp Issue.  They said end of Q1, but didn't get updated until Q4. Multiple class actions happened)

Moto Droid (Motorola gave a soft date and missed it by 3 months and got sued)

Samsung Behold II (Didn't promise 2.0 update.  People assumed.  T-Mobile got sued when Samsung gave everyone 1.6 instead of 2.0)

iPhone with MMS (this missed by 3 days, and during those 3 days you could find over 100 lawsuits drawn up the first day, and 4 separate class action suits)

There's more but the list would get rather large if I did.   People will sue if dates are met.  This is why carriers choose the plausible deniability route and canned responses. 

Motorola has to make the update and Verizon has to wait for it.  I believe the Moto X should get it like everyone else, but at least I understand Motorola needs to do their job.  With them being purchased by Lenovo support for their older phones are up in the air.  Just like when Motorola was purchased by Google they dropped support for their older devices and left a lot of people high and dry.  So there is no telling right now how things are going to go.  Verizon won't know the answer until Lenovo finalizes their plans.

HBK3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Motorola did do their job.  VoLTE is included in the 5.1 update.  Verizon has to allow it to be enabled.

gambrej
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah if you call Motorola they will tell you the update is available, why do you think the turbo and the Nexus already have it. It's a money gimmick. Verizon has to make it available but they want because its to close to the new Moto X 2015 being released and that will be a selling point for that phone. People will buy it over the Moto x 2014 for that reason. If they make it available then some people will buy the cheaper moto X over the new one. After the new Moto X is released they will make it available probably in like October. As much as I love my Moto X I will be getting the nexus 6 tomorrow, I just can't deal with having to hang up to search on the internet. It's freaking ridiculous.

Snn5
Legend

Advanced Calling was first offered on the LG G2 in Sept 2014.  The G2 was over a year old by that point and the G3 still didn't have AC1.0, but the Samsung Galaxy S5 got it shortly thereafter, but the S4 was much later.