Best way to Migrate to new RAZR MAXX from DX ?
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I'll soon be upgrading from my Droid X to a Razr Maxx and was wondering the easiest method to move to the new phone so that ALL of my APPs migrate after activation.  e.g., After doing the *228 option 1  and logging into my GMAIL account, will all the APPS automatically get downloaded? Or should I use an APP like "AppList Backup" - it's RESTORE function.  How did you peeps do this when you switched phones?

thanks in advance

Labels (2)
Re: Best way to Migrate to new RAZR MAXX from DX ?
B33
Legend

Well how about that: Cody you finally gonna get Ya a Maxx congrats All the Way Dude:  As for your apps if you have allot of paid apps like i do when you take you Google account out of your X it will flow into your Razr But if your keeping your Droid X you can put the same Account in the Razr as you have in your X an do like i have when i buy something from Google it flows to both phones.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Thanks guys ...  Not much wanting to "pay for a license" to do this 1-time event .. and I won't be keeping my DX.

@B33 -  do the FREE apps also get downloaded? I'm familiar with the Paid ones (that happened after a F.R. last year - the Paid ones came down right away, but none of the FREE ones) ..

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Cody21 wrote:

Not much wanting to "pay for a license" to do this 1-time event ..

If this is in regards to the app I posted about, if you are only doing it once it will  allow that for free...  I used it a number of times before I decided to buy...   You only have to buy license if you are planning on using it regularly.

If you want a free method you could use the option I posted at https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/658707#658707 also..

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab289/wildman3064132/AstroBackup.gif

0 Likes
B33
Legend

When are you getting your new phone Cody: when you get an this is what i done when i took my out of the box i charged it first thing didn't even turn it on once it finished.  I then cut very carefully on the edges of the Sim Card with my X-Acto with No.11 blade then grabbed it by it's edges an it's had to do this Cody but i did an then i installed as it shows gold side Up Now pushing that little Turkey was a little hard for me an i did not have a Sim Card push Tool so I made One i used a Toothpick i Cut it to Ware it had a Blunt Face an by doing that Cody i was Able to push the Sim in all the Way. Cody Right before you turn it Do a Factory Reset on your X to take out all the stuff that will soon be on your Maxx then shut it Down that's the way i done on mine.. 

Now your can Power up your Maxx

Now when you Turn it ON you won't have to do a *228   Any longer as the phone programs it self Via the Sim Card.  An flowing thru the Instructions is basically like it was when you programed you X. If your contacts are saved thru Google like mine is as soon as enter your Account or Accounts those contacts an you Paid Apps will be on your Razr!  mine was on the my Maxx in just a few Seconds an No hang up at all.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Thanks again guys ...  I'll take a look at those links again @wildman.

@B33 - again, what about your FREE Apps ??  did they download automatically with the PAID ones???  Those are my biggest concern ...  which will have me look at those options Wildman provided.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Cody,

Here is my experience.

For both my Thunderbolt and the Nexus after I signed into the phone using my Gmail account, both proceeded to download every single application that was on my previous phone. I didn't catch it in time on the Tbolt, but I did on the Nexus. I chose to stop the download on the Nexus because I didn't want all the same applications on the phone and I wasn't sure how many were compatible with ICS.

When the applications download, none of your data or game progress come with the applications.

Since the Razr is a 4G LTE smartphone, you won't need to dial *228, option 1 to activate the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Cody21
Master - Level 2

Got it .. thank you Ann .. Sounds like I'm making more of an issue out of this than necessary ... I get that the Game progress & other app-data won't be there, but that's cool ...  I just didn't want to have to make a "list" of all my APPS and then have to manually select them again from Market ...  I'll just let it fly and anything not working with ICS will get removed after the fact ...  I'll let you all know how it went - my Maxx is due here in about 2 days.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Slow down bubba your getting to intense on me:   Gonna have to come thru those Cyber Waves an give Ya a Nuckle Burger or something Na! just teasing a little. On your Un-paid apps what i did on mine i just wrote them down Cody an had to re-install them as went and I as Wildman has kidded with me an said i don't have that many of them. For me i'd rather have paid apps with no Adds. So that's about it. Let me know when your getting it Cody an Again Congrats an Have lot's of fun with it.. B33 

0 Likes