Bluetooth and Wi-Fi problems since kitkat upgrade
pattyk999

Bluetooth has stopped working since kitkat. Wi-Fi problems causing data overages since upgrade .

I  don't have fit bit,  the problem is on your side . Was told by Motorola that the upgrade made my phone incompatible with my car (2006 BMW 750i). I was told to call BMW to see if they had a software upgrade. I called, BMW dies NOT have an upgrade . Do you know, VERIZON, how important bluetooth is for those always on the road. I cannot believe that something so important was done without thorough testing. This is a complete impairment. It's illegal to use my cell phone any way other than via bluetooth in California. Are you going to pay for tickets or for all of the lost time for those making phone calls in the car?

I cannot believe that you have no fix for bluetooth,  even if it's a rollback to jelly bean. I wonder how this would be handled if some of your Verizon executives  suddenly had their bluetooth taken away? 

I would like:

1. Credit for loss of bluetooth service as well as any overages I may have incurred since the upgrade.

2. Some acknowledgement that you are aware of the problem.

3. An update with when you expect to resolve the problem.

4. When any known issues such as these occur in the future, please have the courtesy to let your affected customers know. It is unprofessional to simply sit and wait for your customers to identify your problems and never acknowledge them nor take responsibility for them.

VERIZON,  please step up to the plate!

Patty Kaufman

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth and Wi-Fi problems since kitkat upgrade
pattyk999

Thanks for noting my duplicate question,  ADMIN MODERATOR.  You took the time to note it was a duplicate, now can you take the time to include a response?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The "ADMIN MODERATOR" is not a Verizon CS rep and don't necessarily have ANY information on Verizon network/devices/practices. They simply monitor the forum to ensure posts are following the TOS. Additionally, they normally act on posts which have been reported as violating the TOS such as yours which was a duplicate post.

0 Likes
Not applicable

First Verizon has nothing to do with Bluetooth or your cars connection to it. That is a Motorola & Lenovo issue.

You pay Verizon for a connection to the cellular/data network. That is it period.

The updates come from Motorola and Google and not Verizon.

Any maker of a device that tells you its a carriers issue is outright lying to you since they make the devices, they put in the Bluetooth they do the programming and testing of the updates.

Verizon and others certify it meets certain network requirements and pushes it out to your device.

Verizon Wireless does not need to step up to the plate since it is not an issue they caused. Buy a Bluetooth ear piece and make and receive phone calls while in the car.

You have an older BMW it can be any other make and it is something the car maker would have to address, not Verizon.

My friend has a Mercedes and yes his phone connects perfectly but his GPS is quirky. His dealer told him his update would cost $250 to have it function. He paid it works. He pays $150 for an oil change so I cannot see his not consulting the dealer in your area for a Bluetooth fix.

Good Luck

0 Likes
pattyk999

Gee,  rcschnoor, you seem to perpetuate the same lack of response as Verizon.  Perhaps consider answering the real issue rather than dancing around it. If you have no response regarding lack of bluetooth since kitkat upgrade, kindly keep your words to yourself. Anyone willing to contribute information regarding this issue is more than welcome to respond. Thanks

0 Likes
pattyk999

Thanks for your reply. My bluetooth has worked flawlessly for years, prior to kitkat. Seems to me that an "upgrade" should not be provided to phones that would lose such a vital service. As far as Verizon being responsible, I  still believe they are.  I pay them for service,  not Motorola! I'm tired of companies refusing accountability. If there is a problem with a subcontractor, I  go to my head contractor to run interference.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You were asking someone who most likely has NO information on the subject to provide some insight to your problem. Instead of you getting annoyed when they don't respond, I thought you might like to know what their purpose was on this forum.

It appears I was wrong. In the future, I will simply let you continue waiting for an answer which will not come.Smiley Happy

Additionally, exaggerating your problems does not lend credibility to your plight.

Bluetooth is NOT the only legal method to use a cell phone in a car. There are wired headsets which are quite legal in California as is the speakerphone option on your Droid Maxx. Additionally, Elector has pointed out the use of a bluetooth headset is also an option. An 8 year old car is not necessarily going to work well with current generation cell phones without updates. Bluetooth has evolved/changed in that time period.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Unfortunately, the contractor analogy does not apply in this case.

By your own posts you say "You pay Verizon for service" that is it in a nut shell...."Service to the cellular and data network" which you are receiving.

The Bluetooth is technology dependent, I believe it is now 4th. Generation Bluetooth.

The selling point was when the maker of the device put out the specs and it stated it connects to your auto. I have seen commercials saying that this make of car or that make of car is able to have a phone connect to it.

We then ask ourselves who is the oneness on. The maker of the car says it can handle Bluetooth or hands free calling and messaging, the device maker states buy my make of phone because it has Bluetooth in it, but now even though the phone connected previously after the device maker sent out an update, it now does not function.

So do you blame the car maker? No the device worked before.

Do you blame the cell company? No they have nothing to do with your Bluetooth at all.

Do you blame the maker of the phone? Yes, they placed the Bluetooth in the phone, it worked previously and after pushing out an update to your device operating system, now it no longer functions as it once did.

My personal opinion is go after the maker of the device.

Using a ear piece is much more desirable to me, yes my car connects perfectly and I think its neat but I prefer the Bose Bluetooth and Plantronic Voyager to connect to my phones.

My wife likes the Motorola Elite ear piece. They are much better than car connections.

Good Luck