Bluetooth not connecting on lollipop
Rich_Lux

After the upgrade to lollipop, my phone is having issues with Bluetooth. It can no longer successfully connect to my car. It will connect for a second or two and then disconnect and then connect and disconnect, etc. over and over again. I have deleted and repaired a number of times, rebooted, etc., but nothing seems to fix it. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Rich

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth not connecting on lollipop
Major_Error

It seems that the update breaks both WiFi and Bluetooth.

In my case, I can enable one or the other, but not both.  As soon as I turn on BT, my WiFi drops.

From what I've seen elsewhere on the internet, this has been an issue on similar Moto hardware since Lollipop was released.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Major_Error, that's an important observation. Have you powered your device off/on since retrieving that software update. Are you unable to stay connected to a particular Wi-Fi connection or all Wi-Fi connections?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Major_Error

I've performed multiple multiple reboots since the update in an attempt to troubleshoot.

As soon as I enable the BT radio, any/all WiFi communication either fails to connect (if it wasn't already connected) or ceases communications (if it was successfully connected).  As soon as the BT radio turns off, WiFi functions resume without issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted, Major_Error. We'll take a closer look into this matter for you. Which make/model device do you have?

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Major_Error

XT1060 Moto X (2013)

0 Likes
Rich_Lux

What about my original issue with Bluetooth not connecting reliably? Can Verizon look into this?

Richard

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No issues reported major_Error. Let's get these connected at the same time. Did this only start happening after the software update? Any recent changes besides the update? Are all your applications up to date? Please try placing the phone in safe mode and attempt once again http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83017/ .

JorgeO_VZW

0 Likes
Rich_Lux

Yes, this only started happening after the software update to lollipop. There have been no recent changes besides the update and all my applications are up to date. I even cleared the cache partition, but that didn't help. Sometimes I can get it to connect by turning Bluetooth off and on multiple times. Other times while its connected it will disconnect and then reconnect. I haven't tried safe mode yet but I will when I get a chance.

Rich

0 Likes
Major_Error

No problems prior to the update.  Everything is up-to-date.

Safe mode works:  Google Play streams my online library to a JBL Charge without issue.

Normal mode is still broken.  It appears to connect to both wifi & bt properly, but Google Play acts like it is offline, Spotify won't play anything, and adjusting volume acts like I'm using the Cast Screen function.  This behavior persists until I turn off BT, and the malfunction always wipes out every stored wifi network setting.

0 Likes