I'm experiencing the same issue many others have reported - when not using Bluetooth, the person on the other end reports that my voice is choppy, or in one case, "sounds like you're in a tunnel".
Moto has released an update that may fix this, but VZW has not yet released it; I'm not sure if I want to take the chance that it will actually fix the problem.
I still have about 10 days left in my 14-day return window, will I be able to return the Moto X and reactivate my old phone until/if the update is released and checks out? I'm really hoping the update comes out before I have to make the decision.
I think Verizon has an internal bet about how bad they can treat their customers and still remain number one. Lets see:
1) Never release updates in a timely manner.
2) Put their logo all over the front and back of phones. I mean seriously they put their logo on Home buttons! So tacky.
3) Eliminate unlimited plans.
4) Make billions in profits and pay no taxes.
5) Immediate updates on iphones. Months of delays on Android.
6) Lock down all phones. Tons of unremovable bloatware.
I could go on. Maybe thats why they are always touting their great network, because they know otherwise they are terrible. It is their ONLY competitive advantage.