Calls cutting in and out
shanhokie

Hi, I am on my second Moto X is less than 2 weeks.  My first Moto X had a horrible issue related to calls cutting in and out.  The person to whom I was speaking could not hear every third or fourth word I was saying.  This was happening during most of my calls.

I received my second Moto X yesterday.  So far, it is suffering from the same issue.  Whoever I am talking to can't hear what I'm saying - my voice keeps cutting in and out. 

I've looked on other forums and this appears to be a common problem for Moto X users.

Anyone else having this problem?  Any solutions on how to fix it?  Is Motorola working on fixing the issue? 

If this issue doesn't get resolved, I am going to have to switch to a different phone.  I hate to do that because I love everything else about this phone.

Please help!  Very frustrated here!!

0 Likes
Re: Calls cutting in and out
shanhokie

And this is not related to my signal strength.  My signal strength is very solid when this is happening.

0 Likes
PsykoPup
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh, this is a huge issue being reported on other forums. I found this one while trying to research this call quality issue with my own Moto X:  https://forums.motorola.com/posts/6d0e66e3c1

It's definitely a device issue because Moto X users from other carriers are reporting the exact same thing. Motorola is already pushing out an OTA update that improves the camera, as well as this call quality issue. Lucky T-Mobile users are getting this update. Evidence of that here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/...

As for us Verizon customers... well, you know how long it takes them to allow these improvements through. I would be very, pleasantly surprised if we get the update within 2 months, especially since it's such a critical issue. But... I'm not holding my breath.

bubblingforhim
Enthusiast - Level 1

This issue has been fixed in Motorola's latest update, but Verizon keeps refusing to acknowledge its existence...

…(Cricket, Cricket)...

sled-dude
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been browsing the forums, I am really disappointed in Motorola for releasing a phone with a major flaw like this. I like Motorola due they are the only Android phone that is keeping some of their phones in a smaller package. I have long known Verizon is the slowest to release updates/patches/fixes. I was hoping to get the Moto X, but I guess I have to wait till both companies (comments edited).

Edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
pilotpix
Enthusiast - Level 3

At least Motorola is working to fix the phone, unlike VZW that can't be bothered to release said fixes.

0 Likes
sled-dude
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is true, but how does something that get past their quality control. As for Verizon, I can either put up or leave. (LOL)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

At every phone is having the issue. The devices used in the original testing must have worked within tolerance for call quality and the other things they check.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LAB3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted Motorola directly and asked. The rep informed me that the Kit Kat update did NOT address call quality concerns.

Is there another update available that does? OIf so, the rep did not know of one.  I LOVE the Moto X but bought the HTC One solely because of the call quality concerns of the Moto X.

0 Likes