Can I get voice and data at the same time on Moto X Pure?
Okki
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got my Moto X Pure (XT1575) and while the phone makes calls just fine and uses the internet just fine, when I try to access a website or internet driven app while on a call, I don't have a data connection and I can't use the internet. On my old Galaxy S3 this worked just fine.

I have already turned on HD Calling on my VZW account.

I have tried in both "Global" and "LTE/CDMA" mode. Some forums reference "Advanced Calling" (or VOLTE), but that option I can't locate anywhere in Settings > Cellular Networks.

The APN screen is showing "Verizon Internet" as selected. I do have additional options there for "800", "CBS", "CDMA", "FOTA", and "IMS".

The phone is listed on my Verizon account as the active device.

Does anyone know how to get Voice and Data to work at the same time again? I know that there may still be a restriction that it only works while on 4G LTE.

Any insight on how to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice and Data at the same time on Moto X Pure (XT1575)
Okki
Enthusiast - Level 2

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/03/12/tip-simultaneous-voice-and-data-now-works-on-nexus-6-with-veriz...

[QUOTE]

In order to enable the setting on your phone, head into the dialer and type in *#*#4636#*#*. When you hit that last *, your phone will jump into the hidden settings menu. Choose “Phone info” and then scroll down until you see an option for “TURN ON VOLTE PROVISIONED FLAG.” Tap that and then reboot your phone (I had to reboot twice for some reason to get it to work). Once booted, head into your phone’s regular settings menu, tap on “More” under “Wireless & networks,” then “Cellular networks.” You should now see an option for “Enhanced 4G LTE Mode” and it should be toggled on.

Edit:  There is a chance that you may need HD Voice added to your Verizon account. To do that, you will need to sign-in to your Verizon account and add the feature, which is free.
[/QUOTE]

When accessing the secret menu, it did show VOLTE turned on. I turned it off, back on, rebooted my phone and now I showed the "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" menu item (and it was turned on). So it looks like there was a configuration glitch when the phone left Motorola.

Upon testing, I now have simultaneous voice and data again.

View solution in original post

radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

So after you went to Settings>Wireless&Networks>More>Cellular Networks you don't see an option to turn on that says Enhanced 4G LTE Mode? You should see that and you should enable that.

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

This link can also help...

Advanced Calling 1.0

0 Likes
Okki
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correct. Under the More > Settings > Cellular Network Settings menu I see:

• Data roaming (on/off)
  • Preferred network type
    • Global
    • LTE/CDMA
    • LTE/GSM/UTMS
  • System Select
    • Home Only
    • Automatic (selected)
  • Access Point Names
    • Verizon 800
    • Verizon CBS
    • Verizon CDMA
    • Verizon FOTA
    • Verizon IMS
    • Verizon Internet (selected)
  • Network Operators
    • Search networks
    • Choose automatically
    • Verizon (selected.)
    • T-Mobile
    • AT&T

If I search in the Settings menu I do find "WiFi Calling". it is turned off by default. I haven't tested that turned on yet (just found it).

0 Likes
Okki
Enthusiast - Level 2

Transcript with Verizon Customer Service (Tanner).

TANNER : Got it! So yeah the answer to your question is simply that the HD voice service only currently works over 4g. Also not all devices currently support that feature. So in order to be able to use web + call at the sametime the person you are on the phone with needs to have an HD compatible device, have the feature enabled on their account and phone, and currently be in a 4g service area while on the call with you.

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

Are you sure you have HD calling or Advanced Calling 1.0 enabled on your account? Everything points to that being the issue. When was the last time you power cycled your phone?

0 Likes
Okki
Enthusiast - Level 2

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/03/12/tip-simultaneous-voice-and-data-now-works-on-nexus-6-with-veriz...

[QUOTE]

In order to enable the setting on your phone, head into the dialer and type in *#*#4636#*#*. When you hit that last *, your phone will jump into the hidden settings menu. Choose “Phone info” and then scroll down until you see an option for “TURN ON VOLTE PROVISIONED FLAG.” Tap that and then reboot your phone (I had to reboot twice for some reason to get it to work). Once booted, head into your phone’s regular settings menu, tap on “More” under “Wireless & networks,” then “Cellular networks.” You should now see an option for “Enhanced 4G LTE Mode” and it should be toggled on.

Edit:  There is a chance that you may need HD Voice added to your Verizon account. To do that, you will need to sign-in to your Verizon account and add the feature, which is free.
[/QUOTE]

When accessing the secret menu, it did show VOLTE turned on. I turned it off, back on, rebooted my phone and now I showed the "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" menu item (and it was turned on). So it looks like there was a configuration glitch when the phone left Motorola.

Upon testing, I now have simultaneous voice and data again.

radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

I knew there was an online article about it but I couldn't remember what website it was. I'm glad you got it working now.