Can my Xoom be put back to previous OS? ICS Blows!
WraithDroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ever since ICS was forced on my Xoom the android apps and widgets are all different and don't work the way they did before. The browser keeps pulling the mobile sites half the time, even when I have the "about:debug" set to "desktop". The email widget will not switch to "read only" nor can I change it from "combined inbox" to any other option. The keyboard is louder and annoying, and in half the apps the curser will not go into the position where I tap the screen. The new calendar layout and controls are just stupid.  If people wanted ICS they could have bought a new device, and leave mine alone. If it aint broke don't fix it. I swear, the way "Big Brother" Google monitors and messes with my Xoom and DroidX phone all the time, both of them are going to be replaced with Windows devices this fall when my contracts expire...

0 Likes
Re: Can my Xoom be put back to previous OS? ICS Blows!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you can't revert back to the previous version of the OS. To do so would void the device's warranty.

Have you tried a factory reset? This will help clear out any of the old code that might be causing conflicts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WraithDroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spend $700 on this tablet less than a year ago and now it's a piece of crap. Good bye Verizon, hello another provider and a new Windows phone and tablet. I'm sick of Verizon and Google (Android) turning a good piece of tech into crap by upgrading it with crap software when it worked fine when I bought it.

0 Likes
rive
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes you can revert back to honeycomb.

i didnt like ics when i updated it at first, but i like the screenshot option, the pan function of the camera, the easy way to view desktop versions of webpages with just a click, etc

motorola offers the honeycomb build, you simply unlock, install the build, and relock. this will not void the warranty

HLK75D build (honeycomb) for verizon MZ602

http://www.developer.motorola.com/products/software

you will also need the LTE Baseband, you can get this from mydroidworld

you can also get more info from the xoom forums, and xda forums who are actively supporting the xoom tablet

0 Likes