Can't send or receive MMS
yuttaka
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot send or receive MMS on my Moto X. This only started happening a few weeks ago - I have had this phone for several months. I don't use the stock app, but when I tried downloading the MMS message using the stock instead that didn't work either. I un- and reinstalled my current SMS/MMS app, and immediately after doing so I was able to receive 1 MMS picture, but I haven't been able to send or receive since then. What should I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't send or receive MMS
yuttaka
Enthusiast - Level 1

I reenabled the stock app and sent a picture to another VZW phone -  it sent. The notification bar said "4G" and showed 3 bars. When I reenabled my other app, it wouldn't send; it still showed 4G but this time with 2 bars.

Before, when I tried to download an MMS, I tried to download it off of my usual app, and when that failed, I tried to download it from the stock app, but without making it my default (since sending is disabled but not receiving), so I thought it wasn't a problem with my not-stock app...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

yuttaka Being able to send picture messages is a must! Let's see how we can get your messages working again on the Moto X. First, we are able to troubleshoot the stock app so we will start there. Can you make sure wifi is turned off and try sending a picture message without wifi being enabled. Second, please let us know how many signal bars and what service indicator you see on the phone while trying to send a picture message via the stock app.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
yuttaka
Enthusiast - Level 1

I reenabled the stock app and sent a picture to another VZW phone -  it sent. The notification bar said "4G" and showed 3 bars. When I reenabled my other app, it wouldn't send; it still showed 4G but this time with 2 bars.

Before, when I tried to download an MMS, I tried to download it off of my usual app, and when that failed, I tried to download it from the stock app, but without making it my default (since sending is disabled but not receiving), so I thought it wasn't a problem with my not-stock app...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad you were able to get the picture to send using the stock application, yuttaka. Were you able to continue sending and receiving once you switched the application back to the default? Keep us posted.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes