Re: Can't update My Verizon Mobile
Bobert1235

I get the sam . App says to update the update button takes me to play store and I can open or update, I click update and nothing happens  I click open and the app says I need to update  

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You might try uninstalling and installing to get the new update. That worked for me after getting what you got.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
serobinson70
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue...The only way I was able to finally get the update accomplished was to, within the Play Store app, go to "My apps & games", scroll down to "My Verizon" and hit update.

kjonaas87
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea. I still cant get mine to update. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@kjonaas87 wrote:

Yea. I still cant get mine to update. 

What steps have you taken to try to get the update to work?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to help get this solved. Please tell me, are you updating the software over Wi-Fi or cellular data?  Are you having trouble with the browser?  VanetrisC_VZW

kjonaas87
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to do it over mobile data. No issues using the browser. Just updating the app... I've cleared the cache in the app and the play store. My phone still has 32 GB of free storage. The play store pretty much just freezes when I hit the update button.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@kjonaas87 Were you able to complete an uninstall first and remove data/cache before trying an update?

kjonaas87
Enthusiast - Level 2

All it was able to do was uninstall recent updates. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your efforts, kjonaas87. Rest assured, we will make sure that your My Verizon application is working correctly again. How long has this been happening? Are you able to update the My Verizon app when your device is connected to Wi-Fi? Does the option to download the latest software version for the My Verizon app present itself in the Google Play Store after you power your device off and back on? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes