Connection and input issues.
Mobius71

Halp!

For the last few months this has progressively gotten worse. As I input text for a text message, regularly, the phone will delete the first word or few or most of the word leaving one or two letters. Then, regularly, it will confuse the space bar for a letter. I know I have sausages for fingers but I know I'm hitting space.

For connectivity; the phone seems to loose data connection for about a minute or 5 when I move from a 4g tower to a 3g tower. For apps like pandora, if the end of a song times with the change of tower it won't find signal again for a few minutes. For youtube, I usually have to use an app killer to kill and restart.

I've been patient in hopes of a system update that never comes. And it's not something I cannot live with but I'd rather not.

Any productive non-trolling input would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Connection and input issues.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried a system cache clear to see if that helps?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to get the most out of your Droid Razr Mobius71! Clearing the cache is a great suggestion by tikibar1. Based on the description you have given, you could be experiencing app conflict. I recommend testing the device in safe mode for a few hours to see if the device responds differently. In addition, have you tried using a different messaging or keyboard app?

http://tiny.cc/5cqdrw

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mobius71

clearing the cache does nothing. It shouldn't be app problems because I use a task killer to keep memory available and I'm using Motorola's default keyboard.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The task killer is likely the app causing the problem. Task killer aren't needed on Android devices since before Android 2.2.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Connection and input issues.
Mobius71

I find the opposite true. The system hardly cancels applications on its own. the phone will get bogged down to the point where apps and games start to glitch and crash. Once I use the killer it runs fine

0 Likes