Creating & Accessing Contact Groups After Upgrading Droid Turbo to Lollipop
EBC5
Enthusiast - Level 2

After I upgraded to Lollipop I realized that I cannot create contact groups. Also, the contact groups I had on my old phone aren't viewable in Lollipop. How can i get this to work? The outdated KitKat User's Guide says that in the app list there is a People app that contains groups. In Lollipop there is no longer a People app and the Contact app doesn't contain the contact groupings either.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Creating & Accessing Contact Groups After Upgrading Droid Turbo to Lollipop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EBC5-

I know how important having access to the features you came to enjoy is. I was able to confirm the Contacts Groups option is no longer available in the new Lollypop update. An alternative would be to download a third party app from the Google Play Store and see which app would work best for you. As an example, please check out this link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flipdog.android.groups

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EBC5-

I know how important having access to the features you came to enjoy is. I was able to confirm the Contacts Groups option is no longer available in the new Lollypop update. An alternative would be to download a third party app from the Google Play Store and see which app would work best for you. As an example, please check out this link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flipdog.android.groups

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Richard1957
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I have the same concern about switching my turbo droid to this new download I happen to like the wallpaper that the turbo came with it's called ,"Smoke ", it comes in different colors its live and simple and I like it but when I do upgrade or I should say download I will lose this wallpaper are there anything else I should know about? Is this upgrade from Motorola worth it is the phone going to be much better please help me thank you Richie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Richard, I'm so glad you posted this question. We at Verizon are familiar with the concerns that a sofware update and the various changes it can bring. You will have some changes yes, however in regards to your question about the wallpaper, I am not sure if the "smoke" will still be there. There are many free applications available in the app store that you can download and use to customize your wallpaper if you do lose it. The updates as a whole are best to do for the best performance of the device, therfore I do recommend doing the update. Here is a link for some additional help with your update to your specifiic device and some things to know about what to expect. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/droid-turbo-update/

CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EBC5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I installed the suggested app by Flipdog but was unimpressed. Is there another one that provides more utility?

0 Likes