Data/3&4G/Wifi connection issues!
mloveland

I live in an area that is supposed to have good 4G coverage, but... I don't.  This wouldn't be such a big deal to me if I could get reliable 3G coverage, but... I don't.  Even then, if I could just get the phone to perform when connected to my wireless at home, I could deal with the outages, but... I CAN'T!  I have had sporadic coverage, at best, for the last few months, and I'm getting sick of it.   I have restarted the phone, turned the airplane mode on and off, checked for updates.. etc.  I haven't had data coverage for more than a few seconds today-- and despite showing a strong wireless signal, the phone still will not work.  I'm not satisfied with Verizon's usual reply of "do a master reset."  I shouldn't have to reset my phone every time I have connection issues--- My husband has a 3G only phone, and his works pretty well.  He doesn't understand how my "better" phone can't accomplish anything more than a phone call.  I have been a customer with Verizon for over 10 years, and I get a discount through my place of employment, which has made me stay a lot longer than I should have, but I'm just not happy with anything they're doing these days.  Customer Service is nonexistent both in the Wireless and Residential forums, and I'm paying them too much money to let them treat me like crap.  If you can't make your 4G system and phones work correctly, then don't roll out 4G..simple as that.  Why don't they have to issue recalls like other companies?? They aren't giving us what we pay for! 

My rant is over..  I am going to be switching networks.

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Data/3&4G/Wifi connection issues!
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

You haven't said if you've gotten a replacement phone or not. Has this option been suggested to you? I would be upset if I were in your shoes too, but perhaps the problem would be resolved with a different handset or a different model? I am not a vzw employee or affiliated with them in any way.

0 Likes
mloveland

I have not gotten a replacement phone. My RAZR is "old" now- I got it when

they first came out. I gave done the new sim card thing, but stuck with the

phone without too much griping until now because I was always told that it

was a 4g developmental issue that would improve. I was wrong, apparently.

0 Likes
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

Unless you're just totally fed up with the situation, I would ask for a warranty replacement. The razr hasn't been out a year yet so see if a replacement will solve your issues.

0 Likes
mloveland

Maybe I will give it a shot. I just went month to month on my contract so

if they don't give me a new one, I can just switch. Thanks for the input.

0 Likes
Ricohdbiker

I had the same problem, called Verizon and they didn't offer a fix just said I was close enough to renew my contract they would allow me to get a new phone early so I got a Razr Maxx, wasn't really sure to get that or the Iphone 4S. My previous phone was the Droid X, having the same problem as you described, while waiting for my new phone to arrive I decided to try and repair my phone. Go to "Battery and Data Manager/ Data Delivery/ "Data Enabled"   have that checked and I also have Background Data Checked. I believe what may have caused it was settings for when my battery would get low it would shut off different properties, but I am not positive. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
mloveland

Thanks- all of the correct settings are enabled on my phone. I am currently eligible for an upgrade on my phone, but I don't want to renew my contract for another two years if this is more than just an issue with my current phone. I just want to see if they will replace this one without making me upgrade. We will see.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Phone

0 Likes
budone
Legend

mloveland wrote:

Thanks- all of the correct settings are enabled on my phone. I am currently eligible for an upgrade on my phone, but I don't want to renew my contract for another two years if this is more than just an issue with my current phone.  I just want to see if they will replace this one without making me upgrade.  We will see.

You are up for an upgrade and want VZW to replace the phone for free??? Only if you have insurance

0 Likes
mloveland

Absolutely, if it is defective. I haven't had the phone for a year yet, and the connectivity issues are ridiculous. If it is a phone problem of the manufacturer's doing, then they shouldn't have a problem replacing it. I bought something that was supposed yo work a certain way, and it isn't. I am not the only one, either.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You did not say the phone was less than a year old phone in your last post. You stated you are up for an upgrade, which would tell the users of this forum, you have had it for at least 20 months. 

Sorry

0 Likes