Dead Droid Razr M Problems after Kit Kat Updates.
ItsMe-LME

My Droid Razr M is now dead.

I'm not sure this has specifically to do with the Kit Kat updates a month or so ago, but since then I have had problems. Battery life decreases quickly, notifications that certain apps have stopped working at random times. That was the beginning which I just kind of disregarded along with some of the ways things worked on my phone. The alarm clock dismiss / snooze, the keyboard being smaller and some other minor things. All of a sudden my background turned black and I could not navigate through the pages or turn phone off to try and reset everything. I finally held the volume down and power button to force it to shut down and reboot. My phone never came 100% back on. It hangs up at the droid eye and never progresses any further.

Verizon tried walking me through a factory reset a couple times but that did not change anything. Still hangs up in the middle of booting up. They told me the phone is dead and I would need to purchase a new one. My contract is not up until February so I would have to pay full price for any phone I get. The other option is to pass this onto the manufacturer to see if they would do anything with my phone.

Seems to me that a lot of people are having problems (including one of my co-workers with the same phone) after the Kit Kat update and Verizon should be a little more helpful in satisfying their customers. When I go into the stores they act like I'm the only one having problems so there is nothing they can do.

Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Dead Droid Razr M Problems after Kit Kat Updates.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ItsMe-LME  We're sad to hear that your phone is giving you the blues. Do you pay for Total Mobile Protection? If you're not sure check here http://bit.ly/07CrqPK If there's extended warranty we can replacement it as long as there's not any damage. Please keep us posted.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
ItsMe-LME

No I don't. If it were something I had done to the phone I would expect to have to buy a new one without the protection plan. However. Since it seems that it may have been caused by its own software or the updates that were forced, I truly thought Verizon would be more helpful.

Lynn

>>Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that you do not have extended warranty on your phone ItsMe-LME! I understand your dilemma! The alternative option is to contact the manufacturer for options. Please contact Motorola at 800-734-5870 or online http://bit.ly/W1RmTV at your convenience.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes