Delayed short sms Text Messages
TEST_ENGINEER
Enthusiast - Level 1

My text messages are being delayed.  They come in bunches.  This has caused business issues and confusion.  This has been reported to Verizon on several occasions but I am still experiencing issues everyday!  Verizon is good at selling service but it appears they are not very good at supporting those services.  All they usual steps have been taken to resolve this issue on my end but Verizon just cannot get its act together!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Delayed short sms Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, TEST_ENGINEER. I also rely on getting my text messages in a timely manner, so I understand your concern when texts are delayed and it keeps happening. We definitely want to fix this for you. May I ask what troubleshooting we've performed so far? I'm here to help.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
TEST_ENGINEER
Enthusiast - Level 1

In short I have been through all the processes to remedy this issue.  The problem appears to be on the Verizon server side.  Verizon's continuity of service has been disappointing, especially in my service area.  One day everything is fine, the next is a total disaster.  As a network professional I believe that Verizon service is the root cause of this problem.  They need to sych short SMS messaging servers and keep them synchronized.  Why do I receive all my messages quickly on one day and then have delayed messages (as long as 35 mins to an hour) the next.  I am sitting in the same location everyday when this occurs.  I am the constant, no changes here.  BTW this is occurring with all my messages when there is a delay. 

I cannot say what Verizon has done to remedy this issue because the service level is inconsistent.  This is not a user issue, this is a network issue.  Please solve it!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my messages daily and couldn't imagine the experience if all the messages were delayed. We certainly appreciate your many efforts to resolve this issue and I'd be happy to help. Have there been any changes in your area? Do you know if other Verizon users in your area are also experiencing issues with messaging?

0 Likes
Symek

I asked a representative she refreshed my account and it didn't changed anything   

0 Likes
Symek

I heard from a few users have the same issue  

0 Likes
shmuel3641
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want your text messages to get to and from you quickly. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes