Droid Maxx indicates Software Update is available, but is not showing that it is downloading 4.4.4 update
mtngyz01

My Droid Maxx indicated that a software update is available. Using Menu, About, System Update

The phone's status is:

System Update Available

*select to continue with update

Last System Update Information

Version

21.11.21.en.US

Download in Progress

Time

Saturday July 26 2014 9:12pm

ABOUT Phone:

System Version:  19.6.3 obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Model number

DROID MAXX

System Information

Motorola X8 Mobile Computing System

Android Version  4.4

Baseband version

MSM8960PRO_BP_2323.031.111.00R

and so on...

The issue:  The update said the same thing all week. I have a good connect, data is enabled.   Tried using the MDM and put the phone in developer mode with MTP enabled.  

MDM reports no update is available  Version ??  (yes, it shows question marks).  This updates via USB will not work

Please advise.

-B

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Maxx indicates Software Update is available, but is not showing that it is downloading 4.4.4 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all the information mtngyz01. I know its frustrating to get this error message but we are here to help. A factory reset will not remove the current software but may help with the error message you're receiving. Make sure you back up all your data before performing a factory reset. Keep us posted and let us know if it works.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

Re: Droid Maxx indicates Software Update is available, but is not showing that it is downloading 4.4.4 update
B33
Legend

Do a Power Cycle on your Droid Maxx,  See if update shows up.. 

0 Likes
mtngyz01

Yes,  I even restarted in safe mode..  Nothing.  It states that the download is continuing.  Trying to avoid a hard reset.  In addition, I am one of the lucky many that have a gps reporting that I am on vacation.   Today, I am in Hawaii. Yesterday, somewhere in Nebraska; all care of 4.4 

I am hopeful that the update will resolve it - or actually send me to the places....

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If the Downloading is continuing it sounds like to me it's not fully Downloaded and you may need a strong signal either by,  being as close to a tower as you can  or use Wi-Fi if you can,  when I'm not using Wi-Fi to down load updates I try and get as close to a tower as I can and the downloads load up rather quickly it also helps to have a Fully charged battery..

0 Likes
mtngyz01

Thanks B33...

Actually, I am sitting about as close to a tower as one can get. I have an extender no more than 4 feet away. I tried with data turned off, and turned on, since I have a rather wrong wireless signal here too.   I returned from the Motorola site and they indicate no updates are due.  Verizon Wireless states yes. 

This phone has been great until the last update, then everything started. Today, my GPS had me in Hawaii, now.. I am in California.  The good news.. Air fare is rather cheap..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mtngyz01,

Thanks for all the details. This is odd that the software is not updating. To clarify, what software version is showing in your device under Settings>About Phone>System Version and android Version? Also, have you tried restoring your phone to factory setting and trying the software update again?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mtngyz01

Hi LindseyT_VZW

Yes, it is very strange.

System Version 19.6.3.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Android version 4.4

No, I have not gone to the length of a hard reboot. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all the information mtngyz01. I know its frustrating to get this error message but we are here to help. A factory reset will not remove the current software but may help with the error message you're receiving. Make sure you back up all your data before performing a factory reset. Keep us posted and let us know if it works.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport