Droid Razr Battery Life
rrector
Enthusiast - Level 1

I need help.....anyone know what to do to get longer use from my battery? 2 hours if even that long is about all I get out of my battery! Frustrated!!!!! 

Labels (2)
Re: Droid Razr Battery Life
B33
Legend

Well i'll try and Help as i can A couple Question.? first   How old is the phone, How does phone do when connecting to the Network and What apps do you have on the Phone.?

0 Likes
rrector
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the phone a year ago but only used it for about 5 months. I then got an I-Phone 5,but I do not like the I-Phone at all so just went back to my Droid Razr 2 days ago. It does not do well connecting to the Network and I actually have quite a few apps.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok has it Got the Latest Updates on it..?  On my 2 Razr Maxx's one has Jelly Bean and one has ICS both are still Running Stable although at times the Network drops back to 3G, but that could mean there just doing some adjustments

Well since it Set for a While i would Run it through a System Cache Clear, and see what that Does and one App that i would suggest Getting is System Panel App  it will show you what your Razr is doing how it's performing and it will show what apps are Running it's not a Task Killer if you have one on your phone get rid of it)  Panel App also shows the Battery Life the Temps of the Phone and the SD and internal Storage it's a Good app to have i'v used it since 2010 when i Got my Droid X my first Android phone..

Also when you charge your Razr do so by using the Charger that came package with it, It's the best to use to achieve the best charge for the Phone and you might Look at what you phones Data is set on if it is on Global switch it to LTE / CDMA and try that..

Let me know if that helped with the System Cache Clear and the Few other things i suggested if not  we'll try something Else Since you Mentioned allot of Apps you may have some that are in the Need for updating or some that need removing because of the Age of the App..

b33  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there rrector!

Not a whole lot of things worse than running out of battery midday or right when you're in the middle of something. But, no worries, as we're going to do our best to alleviate your woes.

Of course, two hours worth of battery time is unacceptable. May I ask what your usage typically entails? If you are of course a heavy user then this could be proper. But, if your phone is idle, then we've got issues. Usually when we notice something like this going on, it tends to be an application that's using all of the battery. I'd recommend safe mode to enable third party apps so you can test so see that's the case http://vz.to/rxg0ii . If all goes well, you can force close some apps via your application manager and get back to normal usage.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes