Re: Droid Razr MAXX (XT1080) Signs out of Gmail whenever I lose signal
johnhans
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you even read my problem B33?  I never said I had problem hooking up to WiFi.  It gets the WiFi perfectly wherever I go.  I have no modem or router problems.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Did you update your phone to Kit Kat?

0 Likes
johnhans
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, It said it wanted to update, so I let it.  That is when all the problems started with losing the password.

0 Likes
johnhans
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read on another forum that I need to remove all gmail accounts, then go into the "Apps" section of the device manager and Force Stop and clear data for as many google apps as I can find... being an android phone that must be quite a list.  Anyway, I've done that.. It probably would have been faster to wipe all personal data, but at least today I'm trying this.  Tomorrow I will drive to work and see if I get the same error.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup and I don't always go completely back through the threads but after I posted and you mentioned on your Maxx I decided to go back and read the post Carefully.. On one of my post and threads I thought it was on this one I mentioned that I returned my first Droid Maxx back to store after I updated to Kit Kat it was not connecting as I would of liked it too & some of the Camera shots were a bit displeasing the one's I took with low  light came out bad with shadows in them the one's with light in the back  ground was better but because of the things I mentioned and for cosmetic reasons the Verizon store done a DOA for me..

So to add I pulled my post and re-wrote some things in here)  if your see any issues and your not past the 14 Day return I would return get another one and put off updating to Kit Kat my right now is doing far better than the one I got and updated... But now if your past the 14 Day window can't return it you may have to try a Factory Reset to see if you can get the issue in hand to work hopefully it will..

But for me I'm not updating for a while as long as my phone continues working with no issue I'll keep it away from the Download..  

Sorry for being slow returning my post on here.. Old age I guess b

0 Likes
johnhans
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I'm going to stick it out for a while, even if that means I go past my 14 day return window.  I had waffled between getting the Galaxy S4 and this Droid Maxx.  Now that I have gotten a taste of the super long battery life, I'm never going back to the Galaxy unless they decide to put a 3500mAH battery in it.  I can surf ALL DAY long and still have 40% battery when I plug it in at bedtime.  My old Galaxy Nexus would need a recharge by noon.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea fur sure.. well what kind of help me go with the Droid Maxx is that I had good Luck with my previous phone which was a Razr Maxx from the 2012 era it and my Very first Razr Maxx which I'm still using current along the Droid Maxx has proven to me what having a big battery can do and this new Maxx is proving it self as well I have played all day long Madden25 which my scores have not been a thing of beauty but playing I'm using that as a endurance Test the battery in this phone is so doing very well) 

I just need to give it and my eyes a much needed rest.. On my next Test since i got a Brand New speaker as a Free accessory for my Droid X trade in that i got back in 2010 i'm going to play some Slacker Radio I love listening to the 70's or the 80's and since I've had a subscription for a while it skips the Adds so we'll put some hours on it and I'll let you know how it turned out I'm going to test it Two ways First with the 4G service and then using my Wi-Fi.. b33

0 Likes
jdrake
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm having the exact problem with my droid mini.  i'm on wifi 24/7, but my cell coverage is all but nonexistent.  after the kitkat update i began getting the google notification "account action required" as well as the notification pertaining to the motorola device id.  both required me to reenter my google account password (using the google account as the device id).  although, the username (email) is retained.  why this was happening was a mystery to me for quite a while.  i would get the notifications MULTIPLE times daily, but not at regular intervals.  sometimes, even while entering my password, the screen would clear the characters i had entered and i would have to start over.  more often than not, if i was prompted to reenter my motorola device id password that would satisfy all other notifications.  if it was just a google notification, i might have to enter it multiple times, presumably because of multiple apps attempting to sync.

i have tried removing / adding all accounts, removed / reinstalled various apps, disabled as many stock apps as i can, disabled services, disabled sync'ing of various apps, and even completely wiped the phone twice.  nothing helps.

after rereading the only few posts to be found on this subject, i realized what others were saying and that it was tied to losing / connecting to the CELL NETWORK.  to test this, i placed the phone in an area where i do have coverage for 24 hours... no notifications.  i then moved the phone where i knew it would drop coverage, and presto... NOTIFICATIONS.

i wish google, verizon, or motorola (whoever is responsible) would pick up the pace and update the bug in the software.  this has been going ever since the kitkat update.

johnhans
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, my "test" of Force Stop and clearing the data on all the google programs didn't work.  Yesterday I had to reenter my Gmail passwords 4 times.

Perhaps it's time for them to offer the ability to revert back to an earlier version of Android until they can figure this out.  I guess if I root my phone I could do this myself, but I have tried to stay "legal" for insurance and return purposes.

HELLO!,,,  Verizon?  This is YOUR help forum, what is the game plan?  We are waiting.  A search of the internet will show you that it isn't just two or three people here on this forum....

0 Likes
jdrake
Enthusiast - Level 2

NO KIDDING... where's my factory reset button?  if i had known the hassle upgrading to kitkat would bring, i would not have done it.  it offers no features that i need.

not providing a way to roll back to a previous version of android seems like an oversight.  on the other hand, releasing a new version without thoroughly testing it seems like an oversight, too.  very disappointed.

0 Likes