Re: Droid Razr MAXX (XT1080) Signs out of Gmail whenever I lose signal
Not applicable

So happy I could helpSmiley Happy

Oh by the way B33 private messaged me to see if I could help. Good going B33!

Message was edited by: Elector

B33
Legend

Hang in there J.D.  give one more thing a Try do the same as what Elector mention but do this as well..

In regards of removing Gmail...   Gmail is different  unlike  Yahoo, MSN or other Mail services..  To remove your account you have to Factory Reset the phone then go through  the procedure of re-intering it as it was like the Day you bought the  phone.. so do the procedure as Elector pointed out then go in and re-inter it and hopefully it will get straighten out.. K Let us know if this helped.. I'll be on here possibly the rest of the Day..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yes Sir.)  were all here to work together and we'll get it fixed with some elbo grease and determination..

0 Likes
jdrake
Enthusiast - Level 2

well, i was hopeful yesterday, but it didn't last very long.  the notifications started back up in the evening, and were incredibly frequent this morning.

i made one last attempt, this time factory resetting the phone as B33 suggested above combined with Elector's procedure.  the notifications started again almost immediately.

finally, out of frustration i removed the google account.   guess what?  no notifications... of course.  android doesn't have an account to synchronize and therefore can't fail synchronizing... therefore, no 'account action required' notification.

so, for now, my solution is going to be to leave the phone with no google account unless i need an app.  if i have to add it back for that reason, it's coming off directly afterward.  and, hopefully the next update will remedy this problem.

on a side note, this process has made me aware of just how much information google is tracking about the activity on my phone.  who cares about the nsa, what about google. ; )

thanks everyone, Elector, B33, for all your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdrake,

I completely understand where you're coming from and we want you to enjoy reliable service as well as your phone. Let's get this resolved as soon as possible. Please test the device in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1eaCTX9  for a few hours and let us know if you're still having problems.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted johnhans! We want to do everything we can to get this issue resolved for you quickly! Since you have multiple Google accounts active on the device, I would recommend removing/re-adding one of the account at a time to see if you see a difference http://vz.to/1ftOh5g

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jdrake
Enthusiast - Level 2

i was going to wait until tomorrow to post yet another update, but with the increase in responses from the verizon support staff, i thought i should keep everyone up to speed on my personal experience.  i'll apologize in advance for the long post and specifics, but if they help solve this it's worth it in my opinion.

THE PROBLEM: constant 'account action required' google notifications and / or motorola device id notifications when entering / leaving cell coverage.  the account email is retained, but password must be reentered.  it seems that apps are trying to sync or sign in but have lost the account password.  the play store and chrome are the BIGGEST offenders.

ATTEMPTS: as i stated yesterday, after completing the procedures / suggestions provided by Elector and B33, and in the process factory resetting my phone for the third time, the notifications started up again.  in frustration, i removed my google account (non-gmail domain) from my phone, leaving the phone (droid mini) with no accounts at all.  in that state, the notifications stopped, which makes sense because there are no accounts to sync.

THE FIX (SO FAR): in an effort to avoid using my google account altogether, i planned on disabling chrome and newstand and installing firefox and news360 to use instead.  since i didn't want to sign in with google in order to use the play store, i signed into the amazon app store instead.  i should add that multiple amazon apps came pre-installed on the phone.  after signing in, i first tried to install news360.  for some reason it failed.

this is where i can't really explain what happened.  i went ahead and added my google account back in order to install the apps i mentioned above from the play store.  in the process, i got a 'duplicate provider' error notification when attempting to install news360.  i figured the failed amazon app store installation attempt had left some files on my phone, so i went to apps and uninstalled.  then using the play store, i reinstalled it.  now it works.  and, not only that, after a while i realized that even with the google account present i was getting NO NOTIFICATIONS.  i also noticed that the sync icon in the google account settings was green... it has been red for weeks.

that was yesterday evening.  i've been in and out of cell coverage and everything still seems to be working fine.  could it be possible that adding my amazon account to the phone somehow satisfied the system?  that makes no sense.  but, the only other option i can think of is that google doesn't want me using alternatives to their apps ; )

anyway, it's working now... no notifications.  if they start up again, the google account is coming back off, and i'll let you know.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey that's Cool.. Glad it up N running b

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdrake,

Let's get your Gmail up and running asap, if the steps you tried have not fixed it, please put your phone in Safe Mode and test it http://vz.to/1eaCTX9 .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
estamey21
Enthusiast - Level 2

EXACT same problem here.  I bought a Droid Ultra a few days ago and the first time I went to a location that is notorious for having poor cellular coverage, BOOM, all of a sudden Google forgets my password and all Google related apps malfunction.  Given that I need to be at this location up to 5 times a week, my phone has been rendered practically useless. 

0 Likes