Droid Razr Maxx HD pre-purchase question from a newbie
Tabonga

I'm planning to get a Droid Razr Maxx HD soon; it'll be my first Droid phone.  My question:

Is it possible to back up and/or synchronize the phone directly to a Windows PC?  By directly, I mean via USB cable connection? 

I know it's possible to back up and synchronize through Google, or Verizon's Backup Assistant... but I'd rather not use either of these if possible.

Next question: is the Droid Razr Maxx HD's native contact database compatible with any of the standard PC database programs (e.g. MS Access, etc)?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Maxx HD pre-purchase question from a newbie
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your interest in the awesome Droid Razr HD Tabonga! This android device is designed to backup and sync using Google, GMail or Backup Assistant. I'm sorry the device is not designed for backup and sync with windows. If you are comfortable with windows, have you reviewed our windows compatible devices?

http://tiny.cc/kwe6ww

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tabonga wrote:

Is it possible to back up and/or synchronize the phone directly to a Windows PC?  By directly, I mean via USB cable connection? 

Depending on how/where you want things synced on the PC side, there may be apps in Google Play that might be beneficial, as well as third-party software such as Companion Link or Android-Sync.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

What is it that you want to sync? Contacts, Photos, and other items you put on the phone or settings and user experience items?

You can manually back up almost anything on your phone and save it to your PC. Automated you would need to use a third party app to do so.

0 Likes