Re: Droid Razr multiple problems
MartyMontana
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to reboot both the phone and the Roadster Bluetooth at least once a day. If I don’t, I loose the Bluetooth connection and when it comes back it says “ready to pair, go to your Moto Razr and enter you pin” soooo I have to reboot the phone and it works again for a day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MartyMontana

I see the problems you've experienced with your device have caused a great deal of frustration.  Have you had a chance to try the troubleshooting steps Ada suggested the other day?  If so, what was the result of your testing?  Can you also test the device while it's powered up in Safe Mode http://vz.to/155Iv7m for a few hours?  This will help us to determine if the problems are application related.  Please keep me posted.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi MartyMontana!

It must be frustrating to have to reboot so often! Are you able to try the bluetooth with a different device, or try a different bluetooth with your phone, so we can isolate the issue? How long have you had this issue, and how long have you owned your bluetooth?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MartyMontana
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is my second Motorola Bluetooth with the RAZR, and my 3rd RAZR. When it works I am very happy but it fails daily and requires a phone power off/on to work. The phone was replaced with a refurb in late 2012 and I bought the Mot. Roadster at the same time. Every since the Android software update (Jellybean I think it is), my phone has been pretty well worthless.

I have called your tech support, replaced my femtocel, gone into the store at least 10 times and have not been given any satisfaction. The fact that I have 2 other family members who use their iPhones in the same place I use my RAZR and they have no problems with call drops or Bluetooth malfunctions. My wife uses a Moto Roadster with her iPhone and it works fine.

I can’t wait to get rid of this phone. Verizon needs to have better device support for their customers. I pay $170+/month to your company and the service is awful.

MartyMontana

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MartyMontana,
I am very sorry to hear of your troubles with your device and bluetooth.  Have you tried resetting the Roadster and then repairing your phone? If that still does not work you may want to reach out to Motorola to see if there has been a software update for the Roadster. I hope this can resolve your issue.

Thank you,
RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
magistra25

Hi,  I am having trouble setting up my Verizon email on my razr maxx.  I originally had access but it stopped working two weeks ago.  Verizon has provided me with a new phone and I am still having the same problem.  I do have the correct password (I can access my verizon email via web browsers).  When we try to manually set up the account using incoming.yahoo.verizon.com and port 110 an error box shows up saying it cannot connect to the server.  Note that it has not yet allowed me to manually set the outgoing server settings. 

I have tried speaking to verizon reps at two stores and once through 1-800-verizon to no avail.

Any recommendations? 

Thank you

0 Likes
Not applicable

Go to the Google play store get the Yahoo Mail App, download it. Open it up and then create the account via just your login name and password. That's all there is to it. The native email app is crap. And those settings are incorrect verizon gave you.

Get the stand alone app.

Good Luck

0 Likes
tina5997

Thank you so much for this info. I have had the exact same issues for the past year! I spent hours at the Verizon store only for them to tell me it was a 'verizon problem' and couldn't fix it. This did the trick, thank you!!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Glad I could help.

0 Likes