Re: Droid Turbo 2 Shutting Off Randomly with Battery Life Left
swise123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine does it too...along with WiFi disconnects, Bluetooth turns itself off when phone is restarted, Bluetooth disconnects while listening to music or during phone calls.

All and all since the upgrade this phone is JUNK!  I've already replaced it once and same issues...whoever QA'd Nougat for this phone should be fired!

swise123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Funny...I can't edit my post...

DionM_VZW​ is ANYTHING in the works to get these phones where they are reliable again?  I have 3 of these devices and am ready just to pay everything off and leave VZW because of these issues and the lack of support received.  All of these issues started with Nougat...wish I had NEVER upgraded and there's no way back!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a five minute edit window for posts on this community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
IWB69
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same issue, contacted Verizon and they will not cover it under the extended warranty because the phone is not physically broken.  Called Motorola and they want me to purchase another phone, the phone started having a problem after the last software update, the phone at that time was out of warranty by 2 months.  The question we need to ask is why is the consumer responsible for out of pocket expense when the manufacture (Motorola) and the cell phone provider (Verizon) had a part in the software update.  The tech support agreed with me that the software and the phone are not compatible or that a specific number of phones built are having a problem with the last software update.  I suggest that those of us having this issue ban together and start a class action suit and hold Verizon and Motorola responsible for this issue.  I suggest everybody having this issue call Motorola and Verizon and voice your concerns.

XXWALLSTREETXX
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've been having the same issue, over and over again

chat transcription removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
XXWALLSTREETXX
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was also told this morning that the most recent Security update should have fixed this problem. It obviously has not. Thanks Verizon.

0 Likes
XXWALLSTREETXX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Basically what I was informed of is that can use my warranty replacement or pay in full the amount due for the Droid Turbo 2. I'm not willing to pay for a known DEFECTIVE device. I told the SR that I would not take a Droid Mini as it would be a downgrade and I would in turn still be responsible for paying off a Droid Turbo 2 that's not able to power on. I also told the SR that I would not pay for overnight shipping as it implicitly the responsibility of Verizon Wireless that they will take care of their customers for a manufacturers defect. A customer is not responsible for the speedy delivery of a product. I sincerely hope this does not violate terms.....

0 Likes
Rexster7691

I have the same issue now since the last update. Fix it Verizon. Too much competition out there to let your long time customers flail in the wind with an unreliable product. We'll talk soon.

0 Likes
MDorsey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same issue. I noticed occasionally I would pull my phone out of my purse or pocket and it would be off and wouldn't turn on. I thought maybe it had had low battery without me noticing, but when I would put it back on the charger it would start up with about 20%.

This week it took a dive off the deep end. Sudden shut offs at around 80-90% battery. Wouldn't turn on unless charging for the first two days, now I've had it sitting on the charger for an hour and hasn't rebooted still... All completely random. Sometimes shuts off when using an app (google search, camera, other various apps), sometimes I just barely have swiped the screen to wake it up and it dies.

Verizon and Motorola need to fix this!

VictoryRice

I have this problem as well. I assumed it was an issue with the battery getting old. But on the other hand, sometimes the phone properly discharges all the way down to zero still, so maybe it's software.

Here's a screenshot showing the phone shutting off suddenly (not a graceful shutdown, I mean an instant shutoff) at just under 50%, then after plugging in it jumps immediately to around 30%, then I let it charge up to 80 or so, and it shuts off at 50 again, though at least this time when I plug it in it acknowledges that it's basically empty. I did a full factory reset after this, but am still having the issue.

https://imgur.com/pFQ8ODu

0 Likes