Re: Droid Turbo 2 Shutting Off Randomly with Battery Life Left
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be sad if you left the family Robtemplin. I am a consumer myself so I understand that having your phone shut off randomly can be inconvenient. Can you tell me more about when this started? What percentage does it shut off? Has there been any physical or moisture damage to the phone? Please tell me more.  AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
DJ20
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the last 2 weeks I am having the same issue as other's have reported. I have done a full factory reset and also done all the other items that I have read in this e-mail.

To get ahead of all the questions:

• I am using the originial charger
  • I did not install any new apps
  • I did not drop the phone, leave it in the heat or the cold
  • Bottomline - NOTHING changed

The phone started from one day to the next to drain within 3 hours fully and shut down completely. Plugging it in it immediately shows about 35% charge. When unplugged it goes from 100 -> 72 -> and then deep dives to seriously low. 

It also gets really hot, when it never did before. 

So something changed and it wasn't anything I did.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
Flumer24

I am having the same problem with my DROID TURBO by Motorola. - Running Android version 6.0.1.

Yesterday I attempted to text my husband, and with 84% battery, the phone shut itself off. Anything below 60% battery life and the phone is completely useless. It will shut itself off if I attempt to open ANY app. (Facebook, Google Maps, my Camera, Texting, etc.)
Obviosly there are many people having the same problem. It started a few months ago for me. It would be nice to see a solution becasue I otherwise like the phone and would prefer to not have to purchase a new one over something so stupid.

I am using the original chrger.
I have not installed any new apps.
I have not dropped the phone, subjected it to hot/cold/wet conditions, or damaged it in any way.
When I open my settings to check for updates, I am shown that my software is up to date. However, it has not run an update since 3/8/17 in which the software was u;dated to 24.91.5.
All of my apps are up to date.

I have NOT done a factory reset.

Please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value the information you have shared with us, DJ20, Flumer24 and ROBTEMPLIN. 

I'm sure it is frustrating to have this happen with your phone for as long as it has been happening. I understand the Droid Turbo has not had a software update since 11/24/2017, so we need you to see if you have tested the phone while it is in Safe Mode http://spr.ly/66071kCCc

If this still happens in Safe Mode, clear the cache partition http://spr.ly/66081kCCY

Lastly, complete the Software Repair Assistant steps if Safe Mode and clearing the cache partition have not worked http://spr.ly/66091kCCl

Does the phone still randomly power cycle once these steps are completed? 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Drew_Blanchette

Thank you for the rundown of your problem, I'm having relatively the exact same issue. It's nice to know I'm not the only person having this problem. This is my second Droid turbo 2 and second time having this problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your equipment is vital, especially if you are having power issues. We are here to offer the support you need. When did the problem start? What recent changes have you made? Aside from the random shut offs, any other dilemmas?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes