Alanhagg
Enthusiast - Level 2

There's an app for that!

soli fide, soli gracia.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo Marshmallow Update?
Tidbits
Legend

turn off automatic download for MMS.  Then you have to manually click the download for MMS.  Just make sure you don't click on anything from people you do not know. 

ElevenBravo
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL... Sounded to me like Verizon chimed in just to say "Sit down. Shut up. We will give you your update when we [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] well want to." I've been asking since December only to get lied to and blown off or pushed to someone who is supposed to know, but has no clue. I'm really getting tired of being lied to by a company I've been loyal to for the last 14 years. Maybe I'm being old fashioned our nostalgic when I expect a company I'm paying for a service from to be honest about their service and their products. Then again, this is the same industry that was charging $0.20 for a text message just a few years ago. Everyone just sit back and quietly wait to be "serviced ". They don't want to receive any inquiries, just your money.

VAPatriot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to chuckle about all the whining about not having the latest and greatest update?  How important is it really?  And what new features does Marshmallow bring that will make vast improvements in our life?  I'm happy with what I have, a dependable phone that does all it does. If it upgrades to Marshmallow great, if not, its still a great phone.

Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

I understand your logic, VAPatriot.  On the other hand though, pretty sad that Verizon's own branded phone, The Droid, that is supposed to be their top of the line exclusive, is the slowest of any to get updates.  Remember the slogan "Droid Does?"  It should be changed to "Droid Doesn't."  Just speaking for myself, I paid more for the Droid than I had to for a similar device because I thought their flagship phone would get all the attention and updates, while the opposite has been true.  I still think the Turbo is the best device I've ever had, just would have been better if it got some attention.  And it is not just Marshmallow it is missing.  Security updates from Google for things like all the Stagefright vulnerabilities have not been sent to the Turbo.  Sad!

Chidoro43
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's the last 2014 flagship to get M, that is pretty sad when the device is positioned to be a halo device.

There are plenty of valid  reasons to want M on the phone and you know it. Dismissing it means you are just trying to act jerky.

It's a giant black eye for an otherwise excellent device.

0 Likes
JerWor
Enthusiast - Level 2

SWEET! Nougat bring released! So now I'm TWO Android versions behind!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Blame Motorola.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Chidoro43
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why would I do that,  the global turbo phone is on 6.0.1. Only the US model doesn't have it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are hardware differences between the global version and the Verizon Wireless model.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes