Droid Turbo gets hot
BTennant

My droid Turbo gets hot, almost to the point you can't hold it. It started a few months back and I've only had it a year. Does anyone know why?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo gets hot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BTennant,

I know how important it is to have a working phone. We want you to enjoy your device and use the features available on it. Please follow the steps listed here to review your phone health. If you have any questions please let us know we are here to help.

Perform a device health check using the My Verizon...
Note Ensure the device has the latest version of the My Verizon Mobile app.
1.    Launch the My Verizon Mobile app.
2.    From the Home screen, navigate: Menu Menu icon > Customer Support.
3.    Tap Device Health Check.
Click Device Health Check
4.    Tap VIEW ALL to review the following test results:

Battery
Storage
Performance
Click on view All
5.    From the 'For your review' section, tap a reported issue.
Click the reported issue
6.    Follow the on-screen process to troubleshoot.
Note The following image is for an educational reference only.
Perform an action

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon wireless to the rescue, Btennant. Let's work on cooling your phone down and prevent any damage to your phone. Although it's perfectly normal for a device to get hot ( specially during use ) to the point you can't hold it is unacceptable. When did your phone start overheating? Do you notice this while performing a specific function?
JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BTennant

Started noticing it about 2 months ago. Seems to be getting worse

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BTennant, this is definitely not normal behavior for a Turbo. Let’s figure this out. When does it start to heat up? Does this happen when you use a certain function?
AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
BTennant

It happens when charging or searching the web, it especially gets hot when doing both. It doesn't like games too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BTennant,

I know how important it is to have a working phone. We want you to enjoy your device and use the features available on it. Please follow the steps listed here to review your phone health. If you have any questions please let us know we are here to help.

Perform a device health check using the My Verizon...
Note Ensure the device has the latest version of the My Verizon Mobile app.
1.    Launch the My Verizon Mobile app.
2.    From the Home screen, navigate: Menu Menu icon > Customer Support.
3.    Tap Device Health Check.
Click Device Health Check
4.    Tap VIEW ALL to review the following test results:

Battery
Storage
Performance
Click on view All
5.    From the 'For your review' section, tap a reported issue.
Click the reported issue
6.    Follow the on-screen process to troubleshoot.
Note The following image is for an educational reference only.
Perform an action

JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
BTennant

I have run the device health check several times. The only the that comes up is the GPS location is on and I was using a calendar app. I have fixed all issues and the phone is still running very hot. An other time it runs very hot, to the point you can't touch the screen, is when I am using the Google maps for direction. Please help me resolve this issue. Than you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing that detailed information regarding the account. We know how hard it is to deal with an over heating phone. I have sent you a private message regarding your issue due to us now needed to access your account for more specific information on your phone. Please respond to that message so we can get to the next steps in our trouble shooting.
JasperMMM_VZW

0 Likes
Jdesormier

I also have a Turbo, ive had it for about 3 months and it has been getting hot and the battery drains for no reason.

the phone will have WiFi off, be in airplane mode, and will have location services turned off and my phone will not do one thing all day, and drains from 100% down to 20% in 8 hours. i have the phone in my pocket while at work, it is a company phone and this isnt the only issue ive had with it, it will sit in my pocket with all those services off and will get up to 110+ degrees and hotter it get very uncomfortable sitting in my pocket roasting my leg while its doing nothing!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jdesormier, help is here to ensure you are using a phone that is safe for your needs. Let’s get this figured out. In general, how many 3rd party applications do you currently have on the device? So sorry to ask but has there been any damage to the phone, liquid or physical? Have you tried doing a master reset? http://vz.to/1Rv4zxb

NatashaA_VZW

0 Likes