Droid Turbo with bad signal
swrill

I bought a Droid Turbo on Thursday and can't even keep the phone battery for one day. When looking at battery stats it shows that it is rarely getting a good mobile signal. All other devices in the house keep a great mobile signal and have smaller batteries that are lasting much longer. The db readings on the Turbo are often 10-15 higher (higher is worse) than the older devices. Is anyone else having similar issues?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo with bad signal
B33
Legend

There's issues with the phone, and I would say it was from the update that came out shortly after or before the phone was released I don't know if that update is the cause of the issue sounds like if could be.. there is an update coming when I'm not exactly for sure but one is coming the issue I'd say your seeing is because Verizon is rolling out voLTE sometime by the end of this month or shortly there after..   if you can wait the time for it to be released..

Here is a Post I done on the issue Follow the Link.. This is an Ouchie.. for the new Droid Turbo.!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

There's issues with the phone, and I would say it was from the update that came out shortly after or before the phone was released I don't know if that update is the cause of the issue sounds like if could be.. there is an update coming when I'm not exactly for sure but one is coming the issue I'd say your seeing is because Verizon is rolling out voLTE sometime by the end of this month or shortly there after..  if you can wait the time for it to be released..

I'm going to redo this and say.!  There have been many issues with the phone an update came out and I don't know if it is the root cause its hard to say many customers / members are having issues with the phone.. There is an update coming in the near future supposedly by the end of the month but it could linger out longer Hopefully for all customers that have this phone it comes out soon.! 

But the main issue and the one your seeing is how the change was made in how the phone reads the Network because of the  voLTE  the phone cannot do Voice and Data at the same time,   There's also an issue one's are seeing with the Wi-Fi part of the phone as well.. 

Here is a Post I wrote using the phone Simultaneously.. This is an Ouchie.. for the new Droid Turbo.!

0 Likes
drkatt

I have the same issue.  My house is in a marginal area, but my wife's note 4 gets much stronger signal.  I have had 4 calls go straight to vm.  Too bad.  I thought moto had the best radios.   Looks like I'll be returning the turbo.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

drkatt, we don't want you to miss any calls. However, service can be challenging indoors. How's your service when you leave your residence on that new phone?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Re: Droid Turbo with bad signal
B33
Legend

lasinah_vzw

It can be Challenging as well when making calls,  staying calls or hearing the caller Indoors or Outdoors, when a Phone comes out & is updated and the update on the phone puts the phone in near peril, This new phone & it's latest update is causing many issues and its not with just customers there are Employees that are seeing issues as well I had an Assistant manager tell me away from customers that his Manager is having calling issues another employee carrying the phone is seeing them well and he knows how I like my Motorola's he told me And I'm not making this up  steer away from this phone at least till the issues are resolved with it.  So what do we do..

I'm asking please what do we do.. Buy it and take a chance or pass it up..

jmchristian51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had my Turbo since October 31. I have the updated software and I'm not having any of the problems that you are. I would take the phone back and try to get a replacement.

B33
Legend

Here's the Droid Turbo's Help Site:  With many Tips Available and Links to the Motorola Forum..

Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

B33
Legend

Good suggestion.! 

0 Likes
JP2609

I have been to the local corporate store three times since getting my new Droid turbo 64gb on 10/31.

The first time was about 2 weeks after receiving the phone to replace the SIM because of loss connectivity with the SIM.  The second time was last Tuesday with a new battery issue that still hasn't been completely resolved.  Today I went back because my phone keeps losing SIM card and thus network connectivity.  The store (begrudgingly) replaced the SIM again today but the sales person said "I don't think it's the SIM card.  It's probably a software issue." 

This is not acceptable for me.  As a physician who is on call frequently, I need a reliable phone.  Is there a fix?  Do I have a bad phone?

Please help

0 Likes