Droid turbo 2 not charging
Snowgirl75
Enthusiast - Level 2

My dt2 will not charge. I have had this phone for a little over a month. It was a replacement because my last dt2 quit recognizing the turbo charger. Does anyone else have this problem? It says it's charging but several hours ago I plugged it in at 25% and now it's at 4%.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid turbo 2 not charging
Snowgirl75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took it into Verizon and I was sent a new phone. This phone already holds a charge longer than the first replacement I was given. They assumed the battery was bad.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried a different charger or cable?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snowgirl75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, that was the first thing I tried.

0 Likes
kygoatlady

Yes I have recently started having that problem too. As well as many other problems with the Turbo 2. Wish I had never bought it. My old old old Samsung was better and more reliable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Snowgirl75,

Being able to charge your device up is a must! Do you recall when this started happening with your devices (original & replacement)? Did anything change on them before it began: any software updates or new apps downloaded? What is the software version on your device currently: Apps > Settings > About phone > System version

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cwuthrich

I have th me same problem. Started after the marshmallow update. Won't charge over 40% and it loses battery while on the charger ended though it shows its charging. Phone is only 4 months old and is now useless yet Verizon will make me keep it for two years. Verizon did this to me with my last phone as well. May be time to switch to ATT.

0 Likes
jobyamen
Enthusiast - Level 2

its a known issue. my droid turbo 2 is doing the same thing. it recently updated which may be the cause (this is a common issue with droid turbo 2 apparently) ive done all the trouble shooting that Verizon recommends, I guess the next step is get it replaced.

0 Likes
Snowgirl75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took it into Verizon and I was sent a new phone. This phone already holds a charge longer than the first replacement I was given. They assumed the battery was bad.

0 Likes
jobyamen
Enthusiast - Level 2

cool, how long did it take to get the replacement? Did you have to go without a phone in between that time?

0 Likes
Snowgirl75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went into the Verizon store Wednesday around 4 PM and the new phone was

on my porch when I got home from work at 12:30 pm Thursday. No I did not

have to go without my phone although I had to deal with the phone not

charging in between. You just get a refurbished phone in a box and then you

put the old one back in the box to send back. You just have to do it off at

UPS store.

0 Likes