Error Code 1001 with Backup Assistant apps
ahwitz

This started a while ago, but I'm back on a Verizon network for a few days so I figured it would be easier to try to solve it now.

I moved to Canada and have a Koodo sim card that I switch over to when I'm there. The first time I hopped borders (went back to the states for a few days then back to Canada), I had some APN issues and was looking into ways to remedy them, and thought I temporary uninstalled the Backup Assistant apps. Right now, Backup Assistant+ and Backup Assistant Contacts show up as 0.0 bytes in my Settings>Apps menu, but they don't appear to be accessible through the Verizon store.

Every so often (and I can't trace when it happens, it's on both the Verizon and Koodo data networks and when I'm on Wifi and when my signal is at any strength), I get an error popping up that says "Sorry, we're having trouble connecting. Make sure you have a good signal and try again. If you still can't connect, call us at 800-922-0204. Error Code 1001"

This is sometimes accompanied by a Backup Assistant Plus icon in my taskbar that tells me to "Tap here to configure your settings" - in the past, tapping it has only brought up a popup that says "Please wait while we connect..." or something, however I got the option to go to the app this time and it is currently stuck on the loading screen with a loading icon that says "Connecting" next to it.

This happened in the last 2-3 minutes, so I haven't seen if the error stopped yet.

Ideally, I want to be able to continue to backup my contacts with Verizon even on the Koodo APNs, which is what it seemed like I was able to do before I came back to the states. Any help to achieve this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Error Code 1001 with Backup Assistant apps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of being able to use your device to the fullest of its' capabilities ahwitz. Do you still have active service with us? Have you permanently relocated to Canada? Please be aware we only support devices that are permanently based in the United States. We do have global roaming options; however, that's on an occasional basis. If you are using a Verizon Wireless configured device outside the United States on another network, I'm sorry our control is limited.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Error Code 1001 with Backup Assistant apps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of being able to use your device to the fullest of its' capabilities ahwitz. Do you still have active service with us? Have you permanently relocated to Canada? Please be aware we only support devices that are permanently based in the United States. We do have global roaming options; however, that's on an occasional basis. If you are using a Verizon Wireless configured device outside the United States on another network, I'm sorry our control is limited.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes