Extremely disappointed with Verizon....
phosphorescence
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got rid of  my ATT ipad 2 to try android and Verizon $20 1GB data service to save some money. I have been trying to activate for a week now. After literally two hours on the phone with two different reps, my xoom is still not activated. First rep was like what is Motorola Xoom, I have never heard of it, is it like an ipod - are you sure it is Verizon after I repeatedly told her it was, there is even a logo on it etc. I was speechless. She even put me on hold and talked to her manager and came back told me the same thing They have never heard of Motorola Xoom and they doubted it could be activated. Then I called the next day I think, they could not help me again and gave me a different verizon number. I was on the phone for about 50 minutes. They still could not activate it. They even asked me to buy a 4G sim card on a 3G equipment which I did and inserted, still did not work. The individual said she does not activate many of these and basically did not know how to. She gave me a verizon phone number associated with my account and told me someone would call me in couple days. It has been couple days and nobody called. This is really frustrating. If nobody calls me back today, I will return my xoom and happily switch back to ATT and renew my cellphone with them again which expires this month. How difficult this can be? I am speechless.

If any Verizon reps can help here, I would not mind either.

John

0 Likes
Re: Extremely disappointed with Verizon....
budone
Legend

I am not sure if you can, but have you checked to see if it can be activated online?

Also, where did you get this tablet?

Is it Verizon branded?

phosphorescence
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried but I cannot even register for a verizon account. I was also told that 3G Xoom was a self activation device.

I bought it from cowboom.com which is a Best Buy brand. When I use it with wi-fi, on the lower right corner next to wifi bars, I see Verizon 3G sign and bars as well but no activation. It is amazing. I was told by the last rep that they had bunch of these lately with the same issue. It is clearly not my device.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I suspect the unit still is internally assigned to the prior owner.

I would Google to see how to wipe the unit clean and then try again, As it should auto register.

Found this link on how to factory reset the device

Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi- Master Reset / Factory Data Reset

0 Likes
phosphorescence
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I received it, it was wiped clean though...I did not find anything on google Smiley Sad

0 Likes
phosphorescence
Enthusiast - Level 2

i am trying it. thanks for your attention.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I posted a link in my response above with instructions on how to do it. Plus there is a link to Moto Chat there also

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Let us know the outcome. Good Luck

If it does not work, there may be a bad radio in the unit and you may have to have Cowboom/BestBuy swap the device out

0 Likes
phosphorescence
Enthusiast - Level 2

It did not work Smiley Sad

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I would request a replacement. Did you try the Motorola Chat to see if they could help?

0 Likes